Trend Micro Apex One Overview

Trend Micro Apex One is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Endpoint Compliance tools. It is most often compared to Trend Micro Deep Security: Trend Micro Apex One vs Trend Micro Deep Security

What is Trend Micro Apex One?

Trend Micro Apex One™ protection offers advanced automated threat detection and response against an ever-growing variety of threats, including fileless and ransomware. Our cross-generational blend of modern techniques provides highly tuned endpoint protection that maximizes performance and effectiveness.

Trend Micro Apex One is also known as OfficeScan, Trend Micro OfficeScan.

Trend Micro Apex One Buyer's Guide

Download the Trend Micro Apex One Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2021

Trend Micro Apex One Customers

Atma Jaya Catholic University of Indonesia, A&W Food Services of Canada, Babou, Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization (BO), DCI Donor Services, Evalueserve, Gulftainer, Hiroshima Prefectural Government, MEDHOST

Trend Micro Apex One Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Apex One pricing:
  • "Licensing costs depend completely on the number of users or licenses. They have a specific pricing structure. For example, if you are looking for 100 users to be on the product, in the Indian market (we're based in India), the cost is nearly $2,500 to $3,000 maximum for one three-year license."

CB
reviewer498291
Manager of Information Technology at a engineering company with 201-500 employees
Jun 29, 2020
Antivirus and Malware scanning with reporting that allows you to report back with information

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for antivirus, and antimalware scans.

• "The most valuable features are reporting and where we have the ability to report back and provide information when an item is quarantined or not quarantined."
  • "The CPU usage when scanning is too high and we have run into bottlenecks were it consumes a lot of CPU time."

What other advice do I have?

It seems like there is a disconnect between the Trend Micro Team and Microsoft. Microsoft is constantly pushing updates and builds, and there is a delay from the Trend side when updates are released. As of now when we start reading that Microsoft's finalizing a build we start scrambling and reading Trend Micro blogs trying to figure out if it supports it. Every solution has its problems, but It is a solid product. The question becomes one of whether there is value in it for the dollar. Does it do what it needs you to do? Has it been working and providing defense? The answer is yes on those…
Boris Rapoport
System Administrator at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 26, 2020
The management is really good, you can see everything on the dashboard

• "The management console is pretty good. We have a dashboard that shows us what stuff to log, different malicious links that people are trying to access and also if somebody was trying to connect something to the computer, to a USB port or something like that, and if this person is on the under control management. It shows that he tried and he got blocked."
  • "We're not sure if we're going to continue with those products or their products or we're going to switch to something else. That's why we stopped the immigration process. If we were going to replace another product, it's not really efficient to waste time on it moving patients and other clients."

What other advice do I have?

As a current user of Trend Micro, I would recommend it, it does the job. It works fine and usually stops different virus attempts. The management is really good, you can see everything on the dashboard. If someone downloads some kind of infected file or some malicious file, we can see it and it usually gets blocked automatically. I would rate Apex One an eight out of ten. In the next release, I would like to have the ability that if something happens, then we have a record of what exactly has occurred on the station, how it started and how it evolved and eventually, in case something bad…
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Apex One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: March 2021.
475,705 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Abbasi Poonawala
Vice President Derivatives Ops IT at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Oct 28, 2020
Advanced all-in-one endpoint security

What is our primary use case?

We use Trend Micro to build our entire, CI/CD pipeline. In short, I check out the code from my VCS (Version Control System), then I run a static code analysis as the first job in the pipeline. From that point onward, I can do multiple scans in multiple environments. For example, I can have the code checkout from my Dev environment, run the static code analysis, then I can do a folder scan. I perform the scan in my Dev environment, in the integration environment, and in the UAP environment. These are the multiple scans that you can run and enter on your application. All the static code analysis… more »

• "The initial setup was very straightforward."
  • "They should include easy-to-use connectors to make it easier to connect to SIEM."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Trend Micro to other potential users. On a scale from one to ten, I would give Trend Micro a rating of eight.
Ian Keller
CSO at SBV
May 17, 2020
From a technology point of view, it is very simple to install and it's not heavy on the endpoints in terms of the amount of processing cycles

What is our primary use case?

Our business is what you would call national key infrastructure so if anything happens to our business we will have a major economic impact for Africa. From that point of view, we cannot afford for anything to go wrong with our endpoints networks. Our primary use case is to have a best of breed endpoint response rate.

• "From a technology point of view, it is very simple to install, it's not heavy on the endpoint in terms of the amount of processing cycles. It is simple to deploy and the interfaces are easy. You don't need to be a scientist to operate it."
  • "I think the one place where we like where they lacking is in a unified style dashboard."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Trend Micro a ten out of ten. The only thing that I would be presumptuous enough to tell Trend Micro they need to improve is that they need to have a bold interface for a C level executive so that they can look at a screen and see the holistic picture of what the state is giving them.
Sikendra Jena
Technical Lead Specialist at Hitachi Systems, Ltd.
Aug 30, 2020
Stable and easy to set up with good flexibility

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution a SaaS-based service to streamline the setup, as it only requires one agent and not multiple licenses.

• "The solution is very simple to use and easy to deploy."
  • "The integration capabilities of the solution could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

We're quite familiar and regularly work with Trend Micro products. The solution is endpoint protection bundled with a couple of more features, with basically a lot of DLT application filtering, et cetera. We are a system integrator. We offer tech support and help our customers. We sell Trend Micro licenses to companies. I'd recommend the solution. It's very nice. We've supplied it to many clients with very good results. We haven't received any complaints at all and our agents are satisfied with the solution. Overall, I'd rank it nine out of ten.
NA
reviewer1458381
IT Manger at a engineering company with 501-1,000 employees
Feb 9, 2021
A straightforward setup and good multi-layer protection with easy management capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an antivirus. It protects our organization.

• "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
  • "We have found that this product is a bit heavy on the endpoints."

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the organization. In general, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It's okay. We've mostly been happy with it. This product basically a traditional antivirus system. Similar to McAfee and Symantec, Trend Micro, is based on traditional antiviruses. They have made improvements on some things, however, at the enterprise level, we know that these days we need a second layer of protection, specifically for malware. That is why we are using two solutions - Trend Micro plus Cisco AMP. AMP is specific to malware protection…
Sergey Apostolov
Network Security Engineer at S&T Bulgaria
Apr 13, 2021
Good technical support with a great complexity and the capability to scale

What is our primary use case?

Next month, we will implement the solution as our own primary endpoint solution. Currently, we have clients that are using it for the same purpose.

• "We've found the technical support to be very helpful overall."
  • "The solution should adjust its pricing for the smaller market we are in."

What other advice do I have?

We are both a distributor of this product as well as a customer. I'd recommend the solution to other companies. We don't just offer it to clients. We use it ourselves. We believe in the solution. We see the value in it. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. Although there are some improvements to be made, it's a very complete product with good flexibility and a good level of flexibility.
JE
reviewer1148256
Manager Cyber Security (Technical) at a government with 11-50 employees
Jul 23, 2020
Good as a general anti-virus but needs more depth and sophistication

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our endpoints. We do occasionally use it for some servers as well.

• "The general anti-virus on offer is the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "We're actually looking to upgrade to more sophisticated ADL products. We need a more sophisticated endpoint. We need to have the ability to automate those instant response processes."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Trend Micro. We're using the latest version of the solution. OfficeScan offers basic anti-virus security, but if you're looking for more advanced security features, you really need to look at more sophisticated and modern services. I'd rate the solution five out of ten.
See 22 more Trend Micro Apex One Reviews
Download our free Trend Micro Apex One Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.