Trend Micro Apex One Review

DLP feature is useful for our environment and we also get good support, but it needs a lighter agent that doesn't impact the performance

What is our primary use case?

We are using it as an antivirus solution. We are testing the Data Loss Prevention feature, but basically, we are using it for our endpoints in a segmented network. There is not so much traffic to the internet.

What is most valuable?

DLP is a solid feature in the product. I like it very much. It is very useful in our environment.

It is also a very stable solution. Their support is also very good.

What needs improvement?

Trend Micro should make the agent lighter. When we run the scanning process, it consumes a lot of memory, and the performance is degraded. It is very invasive. It could be lighter. When we used Symantec, we didn't have this problem when we ran our scanning process. It worked like a charm. On the endpoints, it didn't feel like that the process is running, whereas, in Trend Micro Apex One, we can feel that the endpoint is running slow. Sometimes it even hangs. Scanning should be faster.

I have been using this solution for around three months.

It is very stable.

It should be easy to scale. We have 40,000 subscriptions.

We are using the support from our region, and they provide very good support. They have very well-trained people.

We are migrating next week from Symantec Endpoint Protection to Trend Micro. We are part of a corporation that has offices in many countries of South America. We signed an agreement with Trend Micro, and that's why we are switching to Trend Micro.

The initial setup was straightforward. It takes a day to configure the server for configuration policies and other such stuff. For the deployment of the endpoints, it can take 15 days to set it up at the workplace.

Our IT department has around two people working on IT infrastructure and security. Those are the required people.

We have a yearly subscription. Our subscription includes all solutions of Apex One, such as endpoint protection, DLP, and ransomware protection. We are paying around $30 for each.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Apex One has to make some changes to the scanning process. That's a negative point, but on the other hand, we get good support that responds almost immediately to our requests.

I would rate Trend Micro Apex One a seven out of ten.

Other

11.4
More Trend Micro Apex One reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Apex One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: March 2021.
475,705 professionals have used our research since 2012.