Trend Micro Apex One Review

Straightforward to set up, knowledgeable support, and the web reputation and user behavior monitoring features help to mitigate careless user actions

What is our primary use case?

We use Apex One for Antivirus only.

Our company currently has more than 8,500 machines with the Apex One agent installed, including servers and workstations. We are a 100% Microsoft Windows environment.

Being a financial institution, data integrity is paramount to keeping our customers' information safe, as well as the well-being of the bank. We use the Apex One web console to review logs and triage any infections that may be occurring or that have occurred.

We really like the ability to have different policies to keep servers and endpoints unique to their own policy.

How has it helped my organization?

Apex One has streamlined our AV. We use the SaaS instance in the cloud.

We use real-time scans, manual and scheduled scans for viruses, malware, grayware, ransomware, etc. We also use other modules like Behavior monitoring and predictive machine learning, malicious web tracking, and blocking.

We were previously using the Trend Micro OfficeScan antivirus product, so it was only natural that we upgraded to the Apex One product when we decided to upgrade. The SaaS instance in the cloud was right for us.

What is most valuable?

We really have found the web reputation monitoring and the behavior monitoring portions to be highly valuable. These modules really cut down on careless user impact.

Behavior monitoring keeps ransomware from taking hold.

Real-time scans also monitor files as they are accessed, downloaded, sent, etc.

We have our environment set up to alert our security department not only when endpoints are infected, but for anything that is considered a low risk that may need further investigation.

A daily check of the logs helps us keep an eye on those things.

What needs improvement?

The console is divided into two parts. One for the policy and configuration, another for agent management. I'd like to see the different interface components combined into one, or be allowed to get to the agent management portion without having to log into the main console.

Another item that I would like to see change is the fact that, on occasion, the console will be updated and items that I once knew the location of have moved to a different location. I would like to see a model where we are alerted to the changes as they happen.

We have been using Trend Micro Apex One for six months.

Stability-wise, we have no complaints. We have had zero downtime with our SaaS instance.

From what I've seen, we would have no issue adding more policies, endpoints, etc. to our environment.

Our account manager and lead tech were essential in setting this up and getting everything the way we needed. They were quick to answer our questions and very knowledgeable.

We were an OfficeScan portion, which was rebranded and upgraded to Apex One.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

Go to the site, answer a few questions and within five minutes, you're up and running.

We did the work in-house, with support from our Trend team if needed.

Our ROI is yet to be determined, as we have not had the product long enough.

The SaaS version is competitively priced and amazingly easy to set up.

We evaluated CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, and FireEye.

What other advice do I have?

We have really had a good experience so far with Apex One.

Other

SaaS
More Trend Micro Apex One reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Apex One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.