Trend Micro OfficeScan Review

A solution with a good selection of features, but product performance needs improvement

What is most valuable?

The product offers almost all of the features the client expects from such a solution. What they have in the product should work fine without it affecting the system performance.

What needs improvement?

Product performance needs improvement. Customers face the same performance issues on the endpoint of the product. We need improvement on that side.

Trend Micro needs to include the OfficeScan application control and protection all in one agent. That application control is not properly working, it is affecting the system performance. When we enable that particular functionality, it doesn't load on the machine. We need improvement on that side of it.

I've been working with the solution for four years.

I haven't received any feedback in regards to technical support.

I have previously worked with Symantec. Since we are a reseller we work with all three of these products.

Licensing costs happen on a yearly basis. The costing is average. They're not the most expensive solution, but they aren't cheap either. There aren't any other costs beyond the yearly licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller so we recommend the product to our clients.

We work with the public cloud deployment model with Trend Micro as the provider of the cloud.

I would rate the solution 7.5 out of ten.