Veeam Backup & Replication Review

Good price to performance ratio, stable, and simple to use

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers of Veeam with an official partnership and a contract for reselling the product.

What is most valuable?

What I like most about this solution are the simplicity and the price-performance ratio.

What needs improvement?

It's a great product, but only if you have everything virtualized. If you still have non-virtualized environments, then it's not treatable for customers who have some products we can not virtualize. For example, another service, or if you have Oracle or other databases, then it's not treatable for those environments.

We have been using Veeam Backup Replication from the point that Veeam was available.

It's a stable solution. We have not had any complaints from our clients.

It's scalable with no issues.

If we have any issues, our technician teams contact the manufacture if they need help.

The initial setup and deployment are handled by our technician. I have never done it myself, but from my understanding, it's easy.

We have a team in-house for maintenance.

The price is quite fair.

People always want something cheaper but then it doesn't work as well.

What other advice do I have?

Most of the time, we recommend Veeam because it's good enough. But in some environments, we don't see any reason for it and we recommend other solutions.

Know your environment before choosing Veeam to ensure that it is suitable.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup & Replication. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.