Veeam Backup & Replication Review

We previously used Symantec Backup Exec, it was cumbersome, didn’t handle our virtual machines, and kept us on tape backups.

What is most valuable?

The ability to manage backups from any machine from one location.

How has it helped my organization?

We’ve taken the human out of the equation when it comes to our backups. This means backups run when they should, like they should.

What needs improvement?

None since the release of endpoint backup management.

I've been using it for over two years.

It's wonderful - 10/10.

It's wonderful - 10/10.

Straightforward, with a very intuitive setup and layout.

We did it in-house.

Given this is Backup & Replication, the ROI is similar to that of an insurance plan - priceless when needed, but no monetary benefit until such time. Still worth every penny for the peace of mind.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it, you’ll never regret it.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
author avatarChris Childerhose
ExpertTOP 5Real User

This is definitely one of the better products out there. We have symantec still but only for Exchange which I hope to change with Endpoint Backup now.

author avatarIT Manager at Asheville Head, Neck and Ear Surgeons, PA

We implemented Endpoint Backup on our Exchange server (and the rest of our physical servers--the last holdouts) a few weeks ago and LOVE it. It's so nice to be rid of the tape backups and take us humans out of the equation in regards to our data backup and replication (onsite and offsite backups).