Veeam Backup & Replication Review

We previously used Symantec Backup Exec, it was cumbersome, didn’t handle our virtual machines, and kept us on tape backups.

Valuable Features

The ability to manage backups from any machine from one location.

Improvements to My Organization

We’ve taken the human out of the equation when it comes to our backups. This means backups run when they should, like they should.

Room for Improvement

None since the release of endpoint backup management.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for over two years.

It's wonderful - 10/10.

It's wonderful - 10/10.

Straightforward, with a very intuitive setup and layout.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

Given this is Backup & Replication, the ROI is similar to that of an insurance plan - priceless when needed, but no monetary benefit until such time. Still worth every penny for the peace of mind.

Other Solutions Considered

No other options were evaluated.

Other Advice

Go for it, you’ll never regret it.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
Chris ChilderhoseReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

This is definitely one of the better products out there. We have symantec still but only for Exchange which I hope to change with Endpoint Backup now.

22 June 15
IT Manager at Asheville Head, Neck and Ear Surgeons, PAReal UserTOP 10

We implemented Endpoint Backup on our Exchange server (and the rest of our physical servers--the last holdouts) a few weeks ago and LOVE it. It's so nice to be rid of the tape backups and take us humans out of the equation in regards to our data backup and replication (onsite and offsite backups).

22 June 15