Veeam Backup & Replication Review

It has made the VM infrastructure easier to manage, as well as simplifying the backup and restore process.

Valuable Features

The product is really easy to use.

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

The tape management is not really efficient and some other products are better. I know that backup on tape is not the the main target of Veeam but, it's important.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

Nothing serious.

Sometimes, the memory is not big enough, and I would guess that a leak might be present. Performing a monthly reboot solve this (at the same time as Windows updates).

No issues encountered.

It's good.

It's poor for certain issues (with the Veeam One product, the guys did not talk together and asked the same question several times). We had a loss of production time, and the answers they gave were not efficient.

It was simple and fast.

Implementation Team

I implemented it myself.

Other Solutions Considered

I also looked at Avamar, Symanted and TSM which are better for tape management and data retention management, but expensive. Veeam however, is the easiest way to manage virtual infrastructure backup, and the cost is better, when compared with some other solutions.

Other Advice

Evaluate your needs before choosing a product. If tape management is required only, then Veeam is not the choice.

1 Comment
Analyst with 1,001-5,000 employeesVendor

Hey ITconsultant974,

I work for Veeam and wanted to ask you about the tape improvements you would like to see in our product? In your opinion what features are currently missing? Thank you in advance.

02 July 15