Veeam Backup & Replication Review

It allows VM replication from one data center to another for DR.

What is most valuable?

Instant restore, file level restore, backup, copy/restore to/from cloud, VM replication from one data center to another for DR.

How has it helped my organization?

Fast recovery, backup stored in 3 locations: locally, other location, and in the cloud (iLand).

If our primary data center goes down, our VMs are replicated to another data center so we will be up and running in less than 15 minutes.

Backup stored in multiple locations.

What needs improvement?

The product works perfectly for us. After they added endpoint backup for physical servers the product is 10/10.

4 years

Not at all, and we have a few Veeam servers in different locations.

No, just make sure you not run out of space, that's all.

10, great customer service.

ArcServe, Symantec. I had always problems with the backup until I switched to Veeam.

First, it's agentless for your VMware or Hyper-V VMs, but you need to install an agent if you want to backup physical servers. Second, the backup just works and I get alerts when a backup fails. But the only time when the backup fails is when I run out of space.

I don't need to worry about testing the backups because with SureBackup, Veeam is restoring the backup automatically and is checking if the restore works.

Brilliant.

Very simple-- just download the product and go through the wizard.

In-house.

Maybe Veeam is not the cheapest product, but it is the best backup solution I have ever used. If you want to sleep at the night, don't worry about your data , spend a few more $$ on the Veeam solution, and I guarantee you will love it.