Veeam Backup & Replication Review

We can now perform replications for migrating data and infrastructure upgrades.

Valuable Features

Its replication piece allows us to migrate over to different servers and data centers.

Veeam lets me move machines from older platforms. I could have used the replication tools from VMware, but not for the older platform. Veeam allows the upgrade of infrastructure as well. It's easy to use once you get to know the tool.

Improvements to My Organization

We can now perform replication for migrating data.

Room for Improvement

• Compression rates could be improved for moving thousands of machines at a time.
  • There was a small glitch that was resolved with a call to tech support.
  • Can't perform replication without creating snapshots, which takes up all the space in VM, so I must do so with physical machines.

Technical support is excellent.

Depending on the infrastructure, if it's large, it should just find the physical box with lots of storage, and processors for moving lots of machines at a time.

You should consider the bandwidth, numbers of machines, and then determine whether to use physical machine or VM.