Veeam Backup & Replication Review

BitLooker makes you exclude deleted file blocks, swap and hibernation files, and user files or folders.

What is most valuable?

BitLooker: It is an advanced technology designed to reduce backup size. It makes you exclude deleted file blocks, swap and hibernation files, and user files or folders.

How has it helped my organization?

Based on my previous experience with different backup products, Veeam is the best one that understands and integrates easily with virtual infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

Add new features on application backup and recovery. And expand the range of applications supported.

I have used it for about two years.

There was some incompatibility with Windows drivers, but it was fixed by the support team.

Technical support is excellent. I had three cases and they all were solved perfectly. The support team is highly qualified.

I worked with Symantec NetBackup/Commvault and EMC NetWorker. Veeam is the best for virtualization backup.

Initial setup was straightforward and the steps were so simple.

My ROI is 50%.

Pricing/licensing is fair enough. Licensing for this software is per CPU socket.

What other advice do I have?

Consider it if you are running a totally virtualized infrastructure. And try to focus on Veeam as the single reporting tool. It is just very useful and easy.

More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup & Replication. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.