2017 q2 veeam logo 80 80

Veeam Backup & Replication Review
there should be more manufacturers integrating their technologies, as that would allow more customers to make use of this excellent feature.​

Improvements to My Organization

Our virtual datacenter is protected with different types of backups, but critical ones are "always protected". We can restore a VM backup in just minutes, even from a snapshot.

Valuable Features

RTO time and speed

The product allows us to use data more efficiently, reducing the cost of storage and backup time. It is vital to have data available in the shortest possible time.

Instant file level recovery

Instant File-Level Restore or IFLR can be used to recover individual VM guest OS files and folders from VM backups. The product doesn't require you to restore a full backup and later search for a specific file. Instead, we can restore files and folders from a regular image-level backup at the necessary point-in-time. IFLR also works with any VM guest OS file system, expanding our possibilities in mixed environments.

WAN Acceleration

If you want to do remote backup or replication jobs, WAN acceleration technology is ideal. It works without problems and with limited bandwidths. When using the accelerators, the CBT allows us to work very efficiently. Before, we needed to make these copies in remote repositories, which took hours. The connections also failed very often. This type of situation is what optimizes WAN Acceleration.

Integrated vendors

With regard to the integration of Veeam with storage manufacturers, it must be said that the list always continues to grow. This growth is very good for all who use these brands. However, there should be more manufacturers integrating their technologies, as that would allow more customers to make use of this excellent feature.

Room for Improvement

The updates of this product are very fast and they always improve the solution.

I have not encountered any issues with stability.

I have not encountered any issues with scalability.

I would rate the level of technical support 10/10. It is very fast and reliable.

I previously used Symantec Backup Exec. It was slow, incomplete, complex, used agents, and the technical support was useless, slow and ineffective. We would pray that we would not have a problem.

The setup is very easy and totally intuitive.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The price is a bit high. Licensing type is VMware friendly, so it is easy.

Other Solutions Considered

We did not evaluate other options.

Other Advice

If you have virtualized or physical (lastest update of Veeam), you can trust in this solution. Our recovery time was reduced from many hours to a few minutes. Integration with VMware is transparent, easy to use, and intuitive. Backup storage is very efficient and using CBT saves a lot of disk space. Using tapes was greatly improved in the latest version, as well as integration with other sellers' storage products.