Veeam Backup & Replication Review

An excellent replication solution that's easy to set up, has good compression, and offers great stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for backup and replication.

What is most valuable?

The whole replication aspect of the solution is excellent because it compresses the data so well.

The way you get everything on one pane and see the whole environment because you're top is one of the reasons I really like Nutanix.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if users could know that their data is backed up and have some security functionality where you can actually use the backup to spin up a new cluster and take it from there.

If they can create a virtual environment with the traffic environment that would be beneficial.

I've been using the solution for over a year.

The solution is very stable once it's up and running.

The solution is easily scalable if you have to move to a larger site.

Nutanix technical support is excellent. You can't get better. You won't get better.

I used HP, the normal three-tier environment, and I wanted to go to upper coverage, so I switched.

The initial setup is easy.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the on-premises deployment model.

The solution has some really nice features, but there is a lot of competition in the open-source market. I'd truthfully also prefer an open-source solution as well.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users