Veeam Backup & Replication Review

A well-organized interface that is simple to use and can verify backup integrity

What is our primary use case?

We use and promote Veeam for protecting server farms. We also work with system integrators, providing them with this solution and helping them to size deals.

How has it helped my organization?

Provided much more, best to say, time, and less worry about backup. It automated backup to the point of almost no involvement needed and our backups can be checked, tested and verified at any time in accordance with our policies.

What is most valuable?

Veeam is much more flexible than other products, such as Commvault.

The interface is well-arranged and it is simple to use.

This solution is very easy for us and our partners to deploy.

The most valuable feature is the ability to verify that backups are valid.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see support for some additional storage systems. They do have a range available but more should be available.

The cost of this solution could be reduced.

I have been working with Veeam Backup and Replication for two years.

I am extremely satisfied with stability. You can make sure that every backup is 100% recoverable, which is a feature that I and my team are very grateful for. It is something that is not available in most solutions, as far as I have seen.

Veeam is easily scalable. I had a couple of cases where I had to scale from small to medium to enterprise-level organizations. There were thousands of nodes and it was easy to do. It took between a couple of hours and a day or two, depending on the size of the deployment.

The technical support is good, although there are very few complaints. Issues are normally resolved within 24 to 72 hours.

I have used similar solutions by vendors such as Commvault.

Veeam is much more flexible and easier to use. With Commvault, you need an additional technician to launch or deploy anything. It requires a lot of time just to set it up. Also, Commvault is more expensive.

The initial setup is simple and straightforward without the need for more complex preparations.

In-house and vendor team - expertise was on a level and did not require extensive amounts of time.

We estimate our ROI within 1,9 - 2,3 years.

Veeam is more reasonably priced than some competing products.

Each solution has its own points that are good but in cost-optimization, Veeam is a good price and it is very easy to deploy for both us and our partners.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to make sure that the sizing is correct. Having good or perfect sizing is the best thing that somebody can do for their company, and, if possible, to put more funds into analytics reporting so that they can provide intelligent sizing in advance. In fact, the biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is that you never want to have the wrong sizing.

Overall, I am quite satisfied with this product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Veeam Backup & Replication reviews from users