What is SmartRecruiters?SmartRecruiters social recruiting platform combines awesome free recruiting software with the best on-demand services to make hiring social, collaborative, and enjoyable. Social and mobile recruiting enablement platform that supports 1-click application submissions.
SmartRecruiters Buyer's Guide
Download the SmartRecruiters Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020
SmartRecruiters CustomersAtlassian, Aol, IBM, Napa, Skechers
What users are saying about SmartRecruiters pricing:
- "Back in 2018, when I engaged with their sales, they wanted to charge around $10,000 for an annual subscription. Depending on your organization, that either could or couldn't be expensive. I personally think it's a fair price. However, I engaged them and negotiated a lower price with them. I think I got closer to $6,000. It came with a commitment of three years."
- "There were implementation costs in the first year to get everything set up and running, and then they have various modules on top, which are optional and available at an extra charge."
- "I haven't been so involved with pricing, so I don't have all details, but I know that we are paying per head when it comes to different countries. There is an additional fee for new features that they release. If it is something that we would like to use, we need to pay some extra for it."
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
Recruiter at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Dynamic with great centralization of resources and excellent collaboration capabilities
What is our primary use case?Our main function for the solution is definitely for the applicant tracking system. Any position that we need to fill internally for the company, has to go through here. We go through our approval process with the different managers and then once it's approved, we post it. We use the product to source candidates, track our candidates throughout the interview process, collaborate with managers as well throughout the hiring process in terms of candidate feedback, and communicate with candidates as well. There's multiple different features and functions there, however, overall it's just an… more »
Pros and Cons
- "What I really like about it is that it feels minimal, but is also dynamic. There aren't a lot of ways to get lost, which is good."
- "The solution needs to work on a single sign-on."
What other advice do I have?I was involved in implementing the solution in my current company here, and that was in just this past May or so. This is my first year using it. We're using the web application of the solution. We're using the most recent version of the solution. I definitely would recommend the solution to other users. What I really like about SmartRecruiters is communication and collaboration between candidates and internal clients or managers. It's a very user-friendly system for end-users and for individuals like myself. I feel like it was easy for internal employees as well to adapt quickly, as long as…
Human Resources Director, Lake Port Square at a healthcare company with 201-500 employees
Reasonable priced, reduces recruiting costs, and is very scalable
What is our primary use case?The product was used while I was working at a Senior Living Medical Facility that did independent living. The organization did skilled nursing, and assisted living. When I got there, I came into an environment that was haphazard with recruiting. It was a subsidiary of a larger company, and all of the subsidiaries were doing things a little bit differently. Some had an HCM system, an Oracle-based system, and embedded in that Oracle system was Taleo. Others were just posting on Indeed. The community I came to, was going to the Indeed route. As an applicant in the past, when I'd used Oracle, and… more »
Pros and Cons
- "With this solution, I was able to add diversity to my recruiting. I was able to source from multiple locations, and I could show where applicants came from. The reporting tools that are on offer, allowed us to expand our reach. We were able to add meaningful diversity into recruiting."
- "Around 2015 and into '17, I worked at a federal contractor. I had to switch to a different applicant system as I didn't know if SmartRecruiters was OFCCP compliant, which is something that, as a US-based federal contractor, you have to ensure. They should work to appeal to the contractor industry and get the product OFCCP compliant."
What other advice do I have?We use an online version of the solution. I would recommend this to other companies that are looking for a solution that is easy to use and offers speedy applications for users. It's all very intuitive, it's easy to set up, and has a very low level of commitment. HR technology keeps evolving. SmartRecruiters continues to evolve their technology too. They don't have the biggest name in the ATS industry, however, they definitely are modern. Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about SmartRecruiters. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Global Recruitment Manager at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Saves us money on recruiting effort and advertising, good reporting and access to data
What is our primary use case?We used SmartRecruiters as our sole recruitment platform. Basically, we were using an HR system that had a recruitment module before, and it wasn't very good. So, we were using this as a standalone recruitment tool for all of our recruiting needs across five main areas of work. Essentially, managing the whole end-to-end recruitment process. I used this program in my last role, which ended earlier in 2020.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is the way that they've set it up for collaboration."
- "There were problems with integrations around other systems and each one had to be custom-built, which took a little while to get set up and running."
What other advice do I have?In my experience with this solution, there were not many downfalls to it. This is a product that I would recommend. My advice to people would be to just be as prepared as possible. Do your reading. They provide a lot of setup documentation and things that they need from you, so they give you everything, but they will do handholding as well. There's quite a lot of research internally, which is what I discovered from the example I was saying about the delayed implementation. They make it as easy as possible, but there's a certain amount that you have to do at your end at the same time. The…
HRIS Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 14, 2021
Reliable, adaptable, easily configurable, good support, and useful for the full recruitment cycle
What is our primary use case?As an HRIS analyst, I am working in the SmartRecruiters system on a daily basis. I have admin access, and I am also doing configurations in the system. We are using this solution for recruitments. We gather candidate data in the system and move them through the hiring process. We are using the latest Enterprise version of this solution. We most probably have a SaaS version.
Pros and Cons
- "It has a lot of good features. We post all of our jobs through the system, and they have a marketplace where you can share the job post with the job boards they're working with. It is integrated with all the records about from where the applications are coming. We have all of our candidates gathered there. We can set up our own hiring processes depending on the type of job and then move them through the process there. It is also possible to involve hiring managers and give them access so that they can also track the candidates and have a look at TBE and interact in the system, which is very useful. We also use SmartRecruiters for job approvals before posting the job as well as for offer approvals before sending an offer. We have everything in the system itself, and everything is being tracked, which is very good for us. It is a reliable system, and you can use it for the full cycle of recruitment. You can really adapt it to your processes. When it comes to the configuration, it is easy to configure. Something that is good with SmartRecruiters is that they are always working on improvements. Every quarter, they have different enhancements or product releases, which is something that we appreciate."
- "One of the areas that we would like them to improve is the self-scheduling feature. They have a self-scheduling feature that can be made a little bit more automated when it comes to scheduling. We are trying to use it, but it doesn't feel very user-friendly. This is something that could be improved. They have launched WhatsApp connections in the system, where instead of sending emails, you can WhatsApp candidates directly from the system, but currently, it mainly works in a few countries. Spain, where I'm based, is not one of them. If we use the system, the phone number for the candidates would be from the UK, and we don't think that would be the best. This feature is good for some countries, but not for all at the moment. It was first launched in the USA and then in a couple of countries in Europe. It is not yet launched fully in Europe. Reporting is always something that can be improved. Even though it is working well for us, its reporting can be better. Currently, it is a little bit complicated when it comes to reporting. It has a few pre-made reports that are easy to access, but if you want more details, you need to build your own reports. In order to do that, it is a bit tricky to learn and understand how it works. Even though you have help agents and support for help, it takes some time to learn, but it is not impossible. We have very recently made some integrations with Tableau. We are building dashboards in Tableau where we can get daily updated reports, and they are definitely helpful. That's something we would recommend. SmartRecruiters has recently implemented an inbox. You can have an inbox where you can see all your conversations, but currently, it is not filtering between the recruiters, so you see everyone's emails in there. They have already announced that they are working on the filtering feature for a specific inbox to make it more personalized per recruiter. This way the recruiters can have an overview of their own work."
What other advice do I have?I would recommend this solution. It is a good solution. It works for small companies and large enterprises. It is easy to configure, and you can really adapt it to your own business. I would rate SmartRecruiters an eight out of ten. There are small improvements when it comes to different features, but this is not because the features aren't good. This is because we want to personalize them or adapt them even more for our organization.
Talent Acquisition Manager at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Globally scalable, easy to use and implement, with good support
What is our primary use case?We are using this solution for a combination of things. We use it for sourcing candidates for posted positions, scheduling interviews, and running offers through the system. We are doing everything our of the system.
Pros and Cons
- "The all-encompassing ability to manage the process cohesively out of the SmartRecruiter system was valuable."
- "There were limitations with the system that we would have liked, not in the time, but the company in Germany really dictated that. So we couldn't do everything in the system we would have liked to it."
What other advice do I have?I would recommend SmartRecruiters to others who are interested in using it. I would recommend you use the full functionality of the system because it has some great capabilities, you just need to be able to turn on all those features and utilize the system fully. From my standpoint, and from where I was sitting as a talent acquisition manager, the biggest thing that I have learned would be if you're going to implement the system, implement it wholly. Don't do a piece by piece, because you want all those capabilities, and unfortunately, you are limited in that because the organization was doing…
Analyst at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 13, 2021
A user-friendly tool that makes it very easy to manage users and build workflows
What is our primary use case?It is fundamentally used for all internal and external resourcing at our company. It is the only tool that we use to manage all of our candidates. We are most likely using its latest version.
Pros and Cons
- "It is a really user-friendly tool, and its implementation is quite wide. It is very easy to manage users and build your workflows. Overall, it works very well for the customization of the workflows for us. The recruitment team has generally found the whole platform useful. We were looking to kind of expand it by using the CRM functions that it has. However, with COVID and recruitment being on the freeze, we weren't really able to make the most of the tool. They are, however, finding it useful to actually build up their talent pools and client candidates to be able to contact them when we kind of have this freeze off."
- "The major improvement area is how it integrates with other systems. That's where we've had some sort of pain points. They've done a lot of work with their development team in setting up integrations with other types of software like SuccessFactors, which we use, but we have found some glitches there. This is probably where they need to do some work. Sometimes, when it refreshes or there is any sort of update in SmartRecruiters, it has a direct impact on the integrations that we have with other tools. We are not always notified when that takes place. We have had HR say to us, "We've just hired this guy. He is not there in our end board at all. What's going on?" That's when we realized that the integration is actually broken. When we have other solutions like SuccessFactors, it would be very helpful to have knowledge articles for such integrations. We have found some of the templates that we want to use and some of the customizations that we do around the offer letters and the contract letters to be a little bit more difficult, which hasn't made this process any more efficient than it was. We still have to do a bit of manual intervention there. I don't know if it is just our company, but we need to have different clauses and things in place. We have stopped using DocuSign as well, and we are trying to look at other ways of doing that. They are aware of this."
What other advice do I have?It is good for what we need, and it works well for us. I would recommend it, but if you are going to link it with other solutions, be aware that a bit of work might have to be done there. Looking at more AI things like the smart assistant, it looks brilliant for what it is. We haven't been able to make the most of it. At the moment, the majority of our base is working remotely, and we do have a recruitment freeze so that has reduced our engagement with the system. We are mostly using email and Zoom for all the communication, depending on the region and the preferred mode of interview, but it…
HRIS Specialist and HR Data Analyst at a non-profit with 1,001-5,000 employees
Highly efficient solution and responsive company
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case with SmartRecruiters is as a recruitment or a talent acquisition platform. Our version is fully managed by SmartRecruiters.
Pros and Cons
- "The features that were most important for us to have were that it is user friendly and functional, which is definitely the case with SmartRecruiters. Our organization is located in developing countries where the bandwidth and internet stability are not the strongest and SmartRecruiters accommodates this challenge. It was a very big plus that we are able to use the system even in these locations."
- "Some features are not as straightforward or user friendly to implement."
What other advice do I have?The advice is that definitely we would recommend SmartRecruiters. In our case everything has gone very smoothly and we find it very efficient. SmartRecruiters is definitely developing very rapidly with the times, introducing many new features that other customers suggest. On a scale of one to ten, I would give SmartRecruiters an eight. We could say eight to nine, but eight definitely. There still is some room to keep improving the little tweaks. Let's put nine because they are really good at implementing the requirements of the customers. But there still is room for a little tweak, which they…
HR Analyst at Unicoba
Dec 20, 2020
A stable and scalable web-based hiring platform
What is our primary use case?We used this solution for recruitment and hiring. In the company that I used to work for, there were only three recruiters using this solution. There were an HR representative and a manager who were part of the recruiting team. Overall, within our organization, there were roughly 20 to 22 users who used SmartRecruiters. I dealt with large numbers of applicants — sometimes upwards of 500, depending on the position we were recruiting for.
Pros and Cons
- "The candidate experience was better because the whole process was there."
- "We ran into some serious issues related to language barriers."
What other advice do I have?If you're interested in using SmartRecruiters, then you have to consider the talent acquisition process culture in the country you're located in so you can make it a more user-friendly platform and create a better experience for the candidates and hiring team. Consider all possibilities. Overall, it was a very nice platform, but it should be more culturally-adaptable. Improving the candidate experience is very important. It was very good to see how the platform works and how easy it became for us to see our data and to analyze the information received. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I…
See 2 more SmartRecruiters Reviews
Product CategoriesApplicant Tracking and Recruiting Software
Download our free SmartRecruiters Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.