Atlassian Confluence Review
We've been able to implement a 'control center' in Confluence using JIRA integration, but reporting on content usage info and patterns is completely missing.

Valuable Features

• Easy to use
  • Flexible
  • Smooth integration with JIRA

Improvements to My Organization

This is our corporate wiki, all departments use it for process and knowledge management. We implemented a 'control center' in Confluence using the JIRA integration for both Change Control and Incident Management.

Room for Improvement

Reporting on content usage info and patterns is completely missing and would be a great addition. On-demand is especially limited due to the significantly reduced number of plug ins available. Reassignment of content ownership would also be a nice feature.

Use of Solution

I've used it for three years.

It's an on-demand service.

There's been a few outages, but nothing significant.

It's an on-demand service.

It's not needed often, but they are responsive when issues are reported.

It's not needed often, and when they are, there's a good integration of reported issues to the backlog.

At a previous job we were beginning to use SharePoint, I am not an expert.

Confluence setup is very straightforward, but an absence of formal training availability caused it to take longer than it should have to become productive.

Implementation Team

It was done in-house.

ROI

I don't have a specific number for it, but I consider it to be extensive, given the low cost and widespread use of this tool.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We are using the on-demand version and our pricing is fixed.

Other Advice

I would recommend you consider a managed hosting arrangement instead of on-demand, because of the limitations. I would also recommend a clear plan be developed for content structure and ownership.

1 visitor found this review helpful