Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Review

The scalability is more or less endless. I have not seen problems with adding 100's or 1000's of devices.

What is our primary use case?

I love the ease of deployment and the dashboard. These are the the main selling points of this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

It improved the installation time. It's very easy to get an overview without the expensive monitoring software because you can get it more of less for free with the dashboard. You get a lot of insights out of the box.

What needs improvement?

It's performing well, really well. We don't have any issues. We only have issues if there is a lot of rogue APs in the neighborhood and that not Meraki's fault.

There are many improvements that can be made. Mainly in the radio parts, they need to include some more features but it is hard to say exactly what we want. We had have a few cases where we could not use Meraki because it could not do advanced routing features, and so on, but it is very unlikely that Meraki would include that in the next releases. We have tried to push it because we are quite a big reseller in the Nordic region.

More than five years.

I would say overall it's really stable. When they realize features, it looks like it is well tested and they don't just release them to release a new feature and if it's a better feature they write it as beta so please be careful.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We always think it is best to consider:

• Management
  • Price
  • Including new technologies

The price can be negotiated.

What other advice do I have?

For big enterprise, I would definitely use Meraki. They are doing something really special stuff.