Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Review

Easy to deploy, good integration with other Meraki products, and very good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy for deployments. As we are an integrator, we sometimes have several levels separating the customer and our work. With this solution, the customer can look at his environment, and we also have the right to monitor it and to configure it if we need to from our end.

The functionalities are quite professional and complete. It offers good integration with other Meraki products, like switches and the firewall. You can get an overview of all networks and the host. It's really great; nobody else can do that.

What needs improvement?

Some operations can be quicker within the solution. When it is deployed and registered on Meraki cloud, when you move, for example, a device from one customer to another, you need to un-claim the device from Customer A, and then claim it to Customer B. This process can take one hour. If they could shorten this time to about 10 minutes or so, that would be ideal.

The commercial version of the solution could be cheaper.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The stability of the solution is good. It's stable almost all of the time. We haven't experienced any crashes or anything of that nature.

The solution is scalable. It's very easy. If a company grows, we just have to do a few clicks and it's ready.

Technical support is good. We're satisfied with them so far. They're very interactive, knowledgable, and quick.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We're an integrator. We handle the implementation ourselves. Sometimes we may need support from Meraki directly for very specific keys and some expertise, but it's very rare.

The price is quite high, but it does have higher functionalities as well. You pay a lot, but you get a good product. Still, it could potentially be 10-15% cheaper than it is.

We pay a yearly subscription. It's my understanding that you can pay for one, two, three or five-year subscriptions. There aren't any fees above that.

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model.

I'd recommend the solution. It does depend on what the organization needs, however.

I'd rate it nine out of ten.

More Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Aruba Wireless
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.