HubSpot Review

It gives us the ability to create automated workflows that will operate certain flows-of-action automatically on a duration of time I set.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature for us is the lead-nurturing workflows. They give us the ability to create automated workflows that will operate certain flows-of-action automatically on a duration of time I set. This enables us to decide that a certain segment of database will receive content throughout time without us having to do it.

We can script it beforehand and then set it so that it automatically goes out to segments. The workflow abilities are quite wide so we can make a complex workflow and play with its logic based on conditions, triggers, actions, level of engagement, etc.

The modules of workflow are also quite well developed and give us a lot of flexibility to play with actions I take inside of it.

The landing pages are also great as we can quickly create them from the UI. My team and I have the ability to create pages in just minutes and we can make new templates quickly.

We can also perform A/B testing on landing pages without working too hard. They have smart content that will dynamically change when users change and I can segment users based on database, source, and different conditions.

Room for Improvement

The module of scoring can improve immensely. It uses manual scoring, which is a tedious process because you have to design in advance and update it all the time. They've recently added predictive scoring, but it won't replace manual scoring. It's only complementary and is too manual and cumbersome. It can't aggregate scores and I have to input them manually, which is annoying. What's also missing are guidelines for best practices for scoring so that it instructs you on how to build scoring strategy.

Also, it's quite basic on SEO. There's only a keywords module, but not much you can do with it because it's not very developed.

They've inserted new modules over time, but they're add-ons and require additional licenses depending on packages. Instead of adding to purchased package, they require you to pay extra, even if you're an enterprise customer.

Use of Solution

I've used it for over two years.

With the CRM integration, it wasn't as smooth as we wanted in the beginning and we had to work with support to get it up and running. There was an issue with the number of API calls that could be made, and other issues that weren't so clear. But it wasn't a big issue. Otherwise, deployment was good.

I've detected a few bugs here and there, mostly related to the UI, and sometimes behind the scenes in the database, but very rarely. They don't happen very often as we've only had downtime once in three years of use.

We've scaled it based on number of users in database.

The technical support is very good. They're responsive and never neglect problems, but sometimes their solutions are too superficial and not deep enough. They'll always stick with you until they find a solution, but the solution is not always future-proof.

There was no previous solution in place.

We started with a free trial, and inside of it I could already set up some of my platform, and when we moved to the paid version, I didn't have to start over. Integration with Salesforce wasn't too complicated. What is complex is, as a marketeer, we have to load, and design a lot of our content to the system. But I don't think that's a limitation of the platform.

Implementation Team

We implemented it in-house with our IT department who had Hubspot's support.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I think pricing is fair compared to others. It's average -- not too expensive and not too cheap. They didn't limit the number of internal users and sales people I could onboard, unlike Pardot, which limits and requires additional payment for additional users.

Other Advice

Work with an agency for deployment to make it easier on yourself to begin. Plan out content inside the platform (i.e. workflows, content, landing pages, emails, etc.).