Jamf Pro Review

Device management and self-service have made things simpler and more efficient

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for device management, software pushes, basic troubleshooting, OS upgrades, etc. I Use Jamf for just about all of it!

We have about one hundred users that are managed through Jamf, mostly our Marketing and Creative teams. About twenty percent of our organization is on Mac.

How has it helped my organization?

Device management is very much better with Jamf! Prior to using this solution, we only used ARD for management. Jamf takes the complication out of all of it. I can easily push scripts to end-users in the background without interrupting their workflow. This is something for which they are grateful.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the Self Service. Being able to place troubleshooting scripts in the hands of end-users has changed the game. Users love that instead of having to wait for tickets to be resolved, they can open an app and run a specific policy. Now, most support cases are issues that cannot be easily resolved.

What needs improvement?

I would love for it to be able to be the only management tool of my organization. If it could do ticketing and non-Apple devices then that would be huge. The setup could be made a lot easier, too. Currently, it takes a full day of work to troubleshoot database issues.

I have been using this solution for two and a half years.

Prior to this solution we used ARD, and we switched because it was complex and tedious.

The cost of this solution is expensive but worth it. For sure, invest in support for the initial setup. Follow articles available to the letter.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this one.