Microsoft Dynamics AX Review

Flexible, easy to use, and well-covers business needs

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Dynamix AX is one of the products that we implement for our clients. It is primarily used for the Industrial Field in Egypt, although we have implemented solutions for doctors and trading companies, like Pingu for kids' games and toys.

We also focus on trading and investors, especially in the food industry.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Dynamics is a great product. All Dynamic products are great.

It is stable, suitable for businesses, and covers all business needs.

It's very flexible and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

There is no Arabic interface in Microsoft Business Central, which is a big weak point. There is, however, an Arabic interface for Dynamics AX, but not Dynamics AX Business center. This is an area that needs to be focused on.

In the next release, I would like to see an Indian-Arabic interface.

Taxation may need some enhancements for vendors. They need a discount scheme for selling.

Also, they need more features.

We have been using Microsoft Dynamics AX since 2007.

It's very stable.

Microsoft Dynamics is scalable. Most of our clients are medium-sized businesses but some are enterprise companies.

We follow Sure Step Methodology and provide the Sure Step documents for our customers.

Pricing for Dynamics is costly and needs to be improved. To boost the users to purchase a minimum license to end-users on the Cloud is expensive.

It is $180 to $200 per user per month with a minimum of 20 users, which makes selling the product a bit difficult.

The Business Central price is quite suitable. It is $70.00 per user per month and $100 per month as a package, which is better.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to focus on the size of the business when it comes to creating a solution.

For example, if it's a medium-sized company, don't offer Business Central. Instead, offer them AX for finance and operations. Or, or if they are not medium don't sell them finance and operations, sell them the Business Center it would be a better choice.

Give the user what they need.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Microsoft Dynamics AX reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Dynamics AX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.