Microsoft Dynamics AX Review

Improving although still requires some attention

What is most valuable?

Flexibilty to allow change however this is its weakness as well. If you over develop core functionality it willing wrong.

How has it helped my organization?

Viewability of management data across all group companies. Introduction of consistent processes.

What needs improvement?

where different programmers have been let loose the product has a number of view inconsistencies and there are still issues that were in 4. Many bells and whistles have been added and some are not quite complete. Overall it is improving and becoming a more mature product.

1 year on 2012. 8 years with 4

Always down to number of development changes made to the core functionality. Data is also difficult to transform on day one.

As above, although testing minimises this risk

so far, so good. Better scalability than 4.

Depends on the Partner as Microsoft tend to leave support to their Partners. This is the strategy they have which does mean that they may not get direct user feedback.

As above, can be a little hit and miss

The setup requires advance thought as it is difficult to amend once transactions are in the system.

I have worked with a number of vendors and would say if you have the expertise in-house then use that.

Difficult to measure but definitely improved working practises and management information

SAP

What other advice do I have?

With care it is a good product but be aware that the business should change its processes rather than change the system wherever possible else you will have issues following deployment.

1 visitor found this review helpful