Microsoft OneDrive Review

Image management is great since the search is simple, and accessing images with labels is easy

What is our primary use case?

OneDrive has been used in a personal setting for several years, but with the project of making a blog it has served me by hosting important files that I must place on the page. It is important to highlight that because of the option to share, I have been able to work with other colleagues that help me on the blog project, who edit and modify the shared items in order to improve them. On the other hand, when blog users have to download a document, OneDrive is the main server where I host office files in general, since from that platform I can make editions with the online programs that complement the online service of Microsoft.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed the information to flow smoothly, thanks to the OneDrive server. Now the guides, brochures and other documents necessary for teaching are available to everyone. Users should simply review the document and if they prefer, they can download as well. This solution has hosted documents in general that otherwise would have to be printed, and the visualization of these documents can be accomplished by a personal computer, a tablet or a smart phone. The information is available to anyone from any platform and operating system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is to be able to modify the file online and keep it stored on the cloud, since it is not necessary to download it to make modifications. Modifications can only be made by people with permissions given by the administrator of the document. Another feature that I like is the visualization of images. It is excellent, the images are shown in a good way, and the image management is great since the search is simple, and accessing images with labels is easy.

What needs improvement?

An online video player would be great, since sometimes you have to download the video to play it. Also, an increase in the capacity of storage in the free version would be nice. Offer more plans in the paid version. It would also be convenient if from OneDrive you could listen to music or audio files that are uploaded to the cloud that include an online multimedia player, which allows the reproduction and visualization of multimedia files in general.

More than five years.