Oracle Taleo Review

It allows us to run SCORM classes and over 400 SubLearnCenters without issue. I would like to see better support.

What is most valuable?

• Enrollments
  • Prerequisites
  • SCORM & AICC capability
  • % Complete (in SCORM)
  • LearnCenter Report

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to run SCORM classes, and we have better reporting of training taken/not taken.

What needs improvement?

• Copy down feature e.g. for pages, enrollments
  • Support

I've used it since 2007.

No issues encountered.

There are problems with latency.

There are no issues, and we are running over 400 SubLearnCenters.

If they are working with SMEs, they’re 10/10, and our rep is 10/10 too.

If it’s a breakfix, it can take literally years. We’ve lost the ability to speak directly to a learn specialist, so it’s a lot of “wait and see” and communication failures (playing telephone) some of the time.

Yes, previously with the SCORM capability, and we thought Oracle had a more robust “copy-down” capability.

It was complex, but mostly due to the fact that we were bringing over legacy LMS data (current users and managers and their history) which was tricky, but we did it!

Also, the users didn’t like Learn. It was not as user friendly and simple (step-wise) as our legacy system. We didn’t anticipate how much they would hate Learn.

We did it in-house.

It's huge, as it is revenue for us as we sell our training to hospitals and hospital systems, as well as through e-commerce for individual purchases.

We are only paying for active users who logged in the past 30 days. This is something special Oracle is doing for us (Taleo did it actually). Our users are on for one year, but they often only use it for the first three months so we were paying for years for users who weren’t actually using it. This is much fairer. We are licensed for 5500 active users which works for us. They don’t do this for many customers since we have such an unusual business model.

What other advice do I have?

Go beyond the demo. Make them show you how all of your scenarios will work in the system to make sure it really does what the sales team say it does.