Quest SharePlex Review
For core replication its performance is the fastest, and replication to multiple targets is also efficient

How has it helped my organization?

I can't answer, that would violate client confidentiality.

What is most valuable?

The core replication and its performance.

Performance is crucial, and SharePlex is by far the fastest. The way it handles replication to multiple targets along with basic filtering, as well as from multiple sources to a single target, is very efficient.

What needs improvement?

For its function in relation to replication (i.e. filtering), I'd give it a six or seven out of 10. GoldenGate has much more functionality by comparison. Queue manipulation as well. It lacks functionality for refining data during the replication process (which GoldenGate, for example, is capable of).

In SharePlex terms this would be function-based data partitioning (which it doesn't have in the above-stated versions).

Only in version 5. Version 6 and onward became quite stable.

Only in version 5. Scalability has improved, even in minor versions, from version 6 and up.

On a scale of one to 10, nine.

Initial setup is actually quite easy. When dealing with partitioning of data, (advanced filtering), it starts to become a bit complicated, but not a big hassle.

I haven't dealt with pricing and licensing.

A proof of concept with GoldenGate was set up but wasn't completed, as GoldenGate wasn't fast enough (at that time - maybe it is today). GoldenGate was in scope, but failed in performance.

What other advice do I have?

If performance is crucial, SharePlex should be your primary choice. If functionality in filtering (changing replicated values or adding calculated values or anything like that) is a priority, GoldenGate wins.