Ruckus Wireless Review

Simple to install and use, stable, and provides good coverage

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Ruckus Wireless is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We have clients in the banking sector, hospitality, education, and many others.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is BeamFlex, which enhances the coverage and stability of the signal for our customers.

This solution is easy to use and you need minimal IT experience to work with it.

What needs improvement?

The cloud solution is not mature and needs to be improved.

The pricing of the high-end access points should be lowered to make them more competitive.

In the next release of this solution, I would like to see a more detailed spectrum analysis.

We have been using Ruckus Wireless since 2012.

This is a very stable product. When I install it, I do almost zero troubleshooting for a year or more, especially with hospitality. My hospitality customers are really very satisfied because I just install it and forget it.

Once it is set up, it needs minimum maintenance and support.

There are no scalability issues at all.

The technical support team is really helpful and we are satisfied with them. Whenever there is an issue with the hardware, they ship it the following day.

I have never faced any issue with technical support, although if the problem is not critical then it takes some time to respond to it. The manner in which they deal with critical issues is fine.

The initial setup is straightforward and it's not a complex solution at all. It is almost plug-and-play. For the Ruckus Unleashed solution, the deployment depends on the topology but it should take about 15 minutes to complete.

When the system is purchased there are no hidden fees because the license opens all of the features on the controller.

What other advice do I have?

Ruckus Wireless is a good solution and one that I highly recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Ruckus Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN
Learn what your peers think about Ruckus Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.