Ruckus Wireless Review

Offers better coverage and has good scalability

What is our primary use case?

My company sells wifi access points to enterprise customers. Customers need to manage the wifi controller separately. We are managing their Wifi router on their behalf. We provide internet connectivity through the router, the Wireless LAN.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that Ruckus offers better coverage.

What needs improvement?

Previously, we would need to purchase appliances every time but it caused our data centers to get filled. Ruckus now has cloud-based controllers. They resolved the issue we were having.

We've been using Ruckus for around five years now.

We don't have any problems with scalability. We purchased 400 access points. We had 1,800 to 2,000 APs attached to it.

We are in the process of procuring a new controller. Ruckus is fine for our solution.

Technical support is good. They resolved 100% of the issues we come to them with. We are satisfied with them.

We have to extend the access points and the controllers which was not a big issue to implement in this project. But when implementing the access points, the problem was when installing a new access point in a new location. Because we have to send a person to that place. And we have to put to the configuration on that access point and then needed to work with the controller. In the new Ruckus platform, we already accommodate using some kind of barcode reader, so that problem was resolved.

Ruckus pricing is good compared to its competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Ruckus a nine out of ten. I would recommend it.

Most customers are not using the wireless LAN as an extension of the wired LAN. So what they are looking for is some value-added service. They want wireless access with some kind of portal that can issue vouchers, like a value-added platform.

More Ruckus Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN
Learn what your peers think about Ruckus Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.