• Simplicity of Use, instinctive, lots of attributes, simple to Install and keep, economical, and makes network management easier.
• Sturdy network error and accessibility management.
• Well established SNMP based network performance check, which allows for adding wireless, Voice over Internet Protocols, and Net Flow checking support as required. It also offers simple and configurable custom attentive and reports.
• Network Performance Monitor can also receive Syslog output and SNMP traps for fault discovery and alerting.
• Alerting system of Network Performance Monitor is strong, supple, and comparatively simple.
• The product has module based pricing, meaning that you only have to purchase the required features.
Room for Improvement:
• Bulk Node attach is chaos
• TCP Service Monitoring
• Unable to perform stop or edit for several events
• Slightly costly
• Latest web based interface does not have some characteristics of the traditional Graphic User Interface.
• I am having a problem with putting up a reliance structure.
The monitoring system of Orion is powerful and has become a positive feature in the company. Latest versions need no extra training, further software installation, added licensing, and no other exertion. Updates are flawless and consistent. The application is highly self documented and sufficiently instinctive and competent, reasonably priced, and flexible. For basic enterprise network monitoring or a complete set of network diagnostic tools and monitors, Orion is the best option for its complete attribute set and simplicity of use.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jul 12 2012