SolarWinds NPM Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of SolarWinds NPM competitors and alternatives
Pre-Sales Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Dec 28, 2020
Enables us to consistently wow our customers and set high SLAs because it reliably tells us if there is a problem anywhere
What is our primary use case?We use LogicMonitor to monitor our customer environments. Some customers opt to look after their own environments, but some customers have us monitor them for them. We use it to monitor the availability of servers and of network hardware. We have some storage array networks that are being monitored by it as well. We really use it as a guide to help. We monitor all of the key components in the different environments that we have running under LogicMonitor, and we use LogicMonitor as an early-warning system. If a problem develops in a customer environment, and we're monitoring it with… more »
Pros and Cons
- "It's the depth of data that it gathers that I find really useful because there's nothing worse, when you're trying to find information about something or dig deeper into something, than hitting the bottom of the information really quickly and not having enough information to work with. With LogicMonitor, there is a load of information to dig through. It's a really good solution for that."
- "One of the areas that I sometimes find confusing is the way that the data is presented. For example, a couple of weeks back I was looking at bandwidth utilization. That's quite a difficult thing to present, but they should try to dumb down how the data is presented and simplify what they're presenting."
What other advice do I have?It's the depth of data that it gathers that I find really useful because there's nothing worse, when you're trying to find information about something or dig deeper into something, than hitting the bottom of the information really quickly and not having enough information to work with. With LogicMonitor, there is a load of information to dig through. It's a really good solution for that. I'm not aware of any false positives that we get through LogicMonitor. That could be because we've tuned it over time so that we've tuned out any of those false positives. But generally speaking, if…
Pieter Van Blommestein
Manager, Principle Systems Engineer and team lead at BCX
Real UserTop 20
Jul 18, 2019
Best all-around, multi-features single interface, cross-platform monitoring solution for complex environment groupings
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case is to monitor the extensive system of services that we operate for clients.
Pros and Cons
- "This is a product that does more generally than any of the competing solutions."
- "It lacks certain details that other products do better, like granular access and better application monitoring."
What other advice do I have?As far as meeting our needs for a solution, I give it a nine out of ten. But it is interesting to rate the tool. My rating doesn't really have a context. It is mostly engineers that are using the product. In a sense, it doesn't matter what monitoring tool you use, the success of a monitoring tool is dependent on the engineers using it. The engineer has to make it work. I'm really not aware of the total number of users that we service and with SCOM I don't really need to know. I don't know much about the actual numbers except that we've got 28 clients. Each of the 28 clients has a different…
Senior IT Director at Inglis foundation
Jun 25, 2019
The single pane of glass for traditional and SDN affects our network management by making it easier
What is our primary use case?We use Statseeker to monitor all the devices on our network. This includes: * the network switches * our gateways to the cloud * our kiosks that are mounted throughout our building * any other device we deem to be important We want to know exactly when they go down.
Pros and Cons
- "In terms of network visibility, Statseeker can be very granular. We can tell it exactly where we want it to go and where we want it to check, or it can do an SNMP walk and find out where everything is. It's very detailed."
- "I would like the ability to update the dashboard. I would also like the ability to access via an API. Then I could produce a dashboard that my C level can understand. This is just so they can go and refresh whenever they want to and see what things look like."
What other advice do I have?Overall, Statseeker has reduced the complexity of our network monitoring once it's installed. It provides a single pane of glass to go and look at a snapshot if anything's down or having any transitions, i.e. within the last hour or last twenty-four hours. You can look at the data coordinator and if you see something red, you know something's wrong. If you don't see anything red, you know nothing's wrong. It just takes a glance. Even our help desk, if they're not in-network experienced, they can tell if something's down. The single pane of glass for traditional and SDN affects our network…
Engineering Supervisor- Corporate Data Solutions and Services at TZ Telecoms. Corporation
Highly flexible and customizable, supports multitenancy, and has a powerful API
What is our primary use case?I use Zabbix to monitor our infrastructure and services. I monitor network devices, servers, services and applications. I run an instance for our internal infrastructure and another instance for monitoring our customer services so they can have access to utilization graphs, problems on their services, and also receive alerts when issues appear. We can now easily monitor anything in our infrastructure and customer services, as Zabbix is highly flexible and customizable to fit the specific needs of our organization.
Pros and Cons
- "It has an intuitive UI with beautiful graphs and customizable maps."
- "The documentation gets a bit messy between versions and is not too detailed, which is a bit painful for first-timers, especially when they run into issues."
What other advice do I have?Overall, Zabbix is a great product. I have been using it for a year now, and I am very happy with it.
Syed Mohammed Wasi
Technical Consultant at Ministry of Finance - Saudi Customs
Sep 23, 2019
Generates helpful reports in our hybrid environment
What is our primary use case?This solution is being used by Saudi Customs, and there are different classifications of ports. We have land ports, airports, and dry ports. In total, we have almost forty-two remote sites with a semi-centralized data center. We have both on-premises and cloud-based deployments in a distributed system.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is the network-related reporting."
- "The dashboard has some limitations and should be more user-friendly."