SolarWinds NPM Review
Robust and highly scalable monitoring with a comprehensive view of the network. But it lacks a good UI.

Valuable Features:

Single page view of all the servers lets me monitor them at a glance. I can expand and see all the details at as single click expand. I can capture real-time visibility into network performance issues to quickly determine who, where and what is impacting the network. Very easy to set alerts for unusual happening. Highly configurable. Graphical view lets us compare the values within a particular time frame.

Room for Improvement:

User Interface needs improvement as it is not very attractive. I was not able to properly monitor my SNMP based online UPS.

Other Advice:

Our company needed a highly reliable network and bandwidth manager/monitor as we were unable to monitor all servers /networks manually. Our search finally ended at this Orion’s NPM tool which has great scalability and reliability.

1 Comment

it_user1068VendorLEADERBOARD

I totally agree with Systemad5157. Network monitoring is an integral role of a network administrator and this program makes the task much easier. The network admin is not just able to detect the network component at fault but also get to fix it in order for the network to perform optimally and keep the company running.

09 June 13