Wrike Review

Excellent Project Collaboration Platform

What is most valuable?

• Google Apps integration
  • Create tasks from e-mail
  • iOS app
  • Customizable dashboards
  • One task in multiple folders (folders as tags)

How has it helped my organization?

Prior systems were painful to use and team members did not take full advantage of PM systems for tracking project data. Wrike is so easy to get started with and so responsive that it is much easier to get team members to make it part of the workflow. Provides a much better overview of what people are working on and the status of project tasks than prior solutions.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to track units other than hours against a task (e.g. gigabytes, pages, etc.) Right now we have kludgy workarounds, but being able to select work units would be helpful.

I would also like to be able to track budgets in the tool. Wrike currently has no budgeting capabilities.

2 years

Customer Service: Excellent. Customer service has been responsive and knowledgeable.Technical Support: Excellent. In additional to great customer support, they have a rich, well organized library of articles and videos on all aspects of using the tool, for both beginners and advanced users. Their blog is also well written and a great way to keep abreast of new features and new ways of using the tool. Finally, they recently rolled out Wrike Club which allows you to engage other users to share tips.

Yes and I spend a lot of time researching options. The prior solution was full featured, but was just too complex and painful to use, especially the collaboration features. We felt it was more important to have a tool that employees would actually use and encouraged collaboration in the tool rather than by e-mail so that project conversations would be saved with the project, even if that means having to split budgeting, invoicing, and other financial features into another tool.

Very straight forward. The only gotcha is that Wrike is very flexible and our team was used to a very rigid system. It is important to spend time training the team and agreeing to certain protocols to avoid chaos.

In-house

Project.com; Zoho Projects; Microsoft Project w/ Sharepoint; MavenLink; BaseCamp; ZilicusPM
More Wrike reviews from users