Wrike Review

Great project management system that blows away the competition.

What is most valuable?

The ability for my team to share projects.

How has it helped my organization?

We use Wrike within the Marketing Department to manage projects for all 130 of our hotels. Because we are a centralized service group for our privately owned hotels, it is fundamental to have clear organization and communications systems in place to ensure maximum productivity. Wrike provides us with this system in a intuitive, robust platform that is beautiful to look at.

What needs improvement?

Wrike Cons: One area of improvement that Wrike could get better at it sub tasks. Currently projects are organized in folder, which can be for either clients or projects themselves. However, due to the work my team handles, we often have reoccurring projects that entail multiple sub tasks in order to complete. Not always dependent upon each other, these sub tasks are part of the overall task, and it would be handy to be accessible as such without having to always use folders.

I have been using Wrike for the past 2 years.

The biggest issue we encountered with deployment was the change of mentality and change the way our department worked. However, once we all made a commitment to the process, I can't imagine working anywhere that doesn't use Wrike.

Wrike works flawlessly.

As our department has added more members to the team, it is quick and easy to add new users to our team in Wrike. By having a clear structure in place with how projects are filed and built, I don't see there ever being an issue with scalability.

Customer Service: 10 out of 10. The few times I have had questions, I have found the customer service to be friendly, attentive and quick to respond.Technical Support: 10/10 - I've only had one issue with Wrike that required technical assistance. The technical support did a great job getting to the root of the problem and helping me correct it. I think the thing I liked the best was that the technical support quickly realized I had a firm understanding of the system, and didn't talk down to me or make me feel stupid. They met me at my level of expertise, and we quickly bypassed the more rudimentary solutions and got down to nuts and bolts.

We previously used Basecamp. We stopped using Basecamp because we needed a more robust solution for our department.

We straight forward. Admittedly, we did do an internal audit of all the projects we were doing and developed a structuring for managing those products.

In-house

I had been researching project management software for the last 4 years, 2 at my previous employer, and 2 at my current one. At my previous employer, we ended up continuing to work on an analogue folder system, where we passed job folders around, stuffed full of papers and notes because no system really fit the bill. At my current employer, we spent some time using internal systems and email, then moved to Basecamp and then one day happened on Wrike and never looked back.

What other advice do I have?

I would be 100% likely to renew Wrike due to everything I mentioned, but also because Wrike is constantly improving. With new features and improvements to the UI being introduced all the time, Wrike is a platform that I feel will exceed my expectations for years to come. Wrike seems to care about their customers, and work hard to anticipate their needs before they know they have them.
More Wrike reviews from users