Wrike Review

Works well for companies whose projects are all fairly similar or who have people dedicated to plotting out all the necessary steps for each project.

What is most valuable?

• Gantt chart -- This helps with projects that are complex and require various tasks or phases to be completed in order to develop a final project. We simply could not plan product releases effectively without this!
  • Folders -- Organization is incredibly important when managing projects for several different facets (customer-driven, sales-driven, marketing-driven, etc) and the fact that I can manipulate and move projects into different folders helps me watch a project as it travels through our "workflow" from inception to delivery.
  • Tasks -- Not only developing unlimited tasks and sub-tasks with deadlines, but also being able to assign them to different people within our teams has allowed us to have a central point to work from. I highly appreciate the ability to duplicate folders with their included tasks as our workflow is often repeated for similar projects.

How has it helped my organization?

• Increased Team/Employee Efficiency
  • Improved Asset Storage by Project
  • Increased Visibility with Other Teams

What needs improvement?

• I would like to see different statuses saved in different folders. Instead, the status is changed and it affects all folders globally. This has caused me some confusion or irritation at times.
  • With sub-tasks, I find myself wishing that changing a tasks' deadline would also change the subtasks' deadlines. When I push things forward or backward with the Gantt chart, I then have to go into each subtask and adjust them as well. Sometimes, it seems easier to make everything tasks so I can use the cause/effect of dependencies.
  • Duration can be confusing at times given that sometimes a task will take a bit of time daily over several days, but not necessarily all day. Group several tasks like that together and planning resources becomes difficult because you cannot distinguish how much ACTUAL time on a given day is needed for a particular project. I find myself planning by dates and not durations. I think if there were a way to use these independently, that would be helpful.

5 years - basic version

Deployment was fairly easy.

Great!

They were able to resolve issues, but the resolution took some time and I only received communication if I contacted them for a status update.

With other products, we did not have easy access to a Gantt chart, which, for us, was vital for project planning. Trello provided a clean "big picture" view of where projects were in the workflow, but I have been able to create folders in Wrike which has helped me with this. I do miss the way Trello could lay things out for me simply and big picture like; but that did not outweigh the benefits and advantages we found with Wrike. JIRA felt too complicated to use for the projects we were managing. Our engineers use it for bug ticketing, but we never got in a groove using it.

As we have been using the program more thoroughly, I sense that the dashboard is highly important, yet it is not intuitive to set up.

In-House

• Increased Team/Employee Efficiency
  • Improved Asset Storage by Project
  • Increased Visibility with Other Teams

We tried to work with Trello & JIRA to accomplish the same things as Wrike could but decided to completely move to Wrike and are pleased with our decision.

What other advice do I have?

If every project we were working on had an entirely different set of tasks, the planning part and task making part could be cumbersome. Seems like Wrike works well for companies whose projects are all fairly similar or who have people dedicated to plotting out all the necessary steps for each project.