Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Overview

Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Wireless LAN tools. It is most often compared to Aruba Wireless: Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN vs Aruba Wireless

What is Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN?
Cisco Meraki access points are built from the highest grade components and carefully optimized for a seamless user experience. The outcome: faster connections, greater user capacity, more coverage, and fewer support calls. The Cisco Meraki dashboard gives visibility into the network users, their devices, and their applications. Armed with rich analytics, administrators can quickly create access control and application usage policies, optimizing both the end-user experience and network security.

Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN is also known as MR18, MR26, MR32, MR34, MR66, MR72, Meraki Wireless LAN, Meraki WLAN.

Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Customers
Advanced Medical Transport, Banco de Guayaquil, Baylor Scott & White Health, BH Telecom, Bowling Green State University, Calligaris, Children's Hospital Colorado, City of Biel, Del Papa Distributing, Department of Justice, Dimension Data, Dualtec Cloud Builders, Electricity Authority of Cyprus, Grupo Industrial Saltillo (GIS), Hertz, K&L Gates , LightEdge, Lone Star College System, Management Science Associates, Mindtree, NBC Olympics, Quest, Sony Corporation, The Department of Education in Western Australia, Valley Proteins
Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

JM
Vice President at Radeon Technologies Ltd.
Reseller
Provides excellent visibility into the network and we can usually resolve the problem online without having to go onsite

What is our primary use case?

We resell it to our customers for networking, wifi, and security.

• "Its ability to be cloud-managed is the most valuable feature so if there's a reconfiguration or an issue, we have excellent visibility into the network and we can usually resolve the problem online without having to go onsite."
  • "The logging sometimes doesn't give us the granularity needed. Some of the rules are a bit more complicated. The switch ports on the routers are not individually addressable, in the sense that with a switch you can tell what MAC address is on what port but with the security appliances, you can't, which would be beneficial for troubleshooting."

Network System Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
The scalability is more or less endless. I have not seen problems with adding 100's or 1000's of devices.

What is our primary use case?

I love the ease of deployment and the dashboard. These are the the main selling points of this solution.

• "It improved the installation time."
  • "It's performing well, really well. We don't have any issues. We only have issues if there is a lot of rogue APs in the neighborhood and that not Meraki's fault."
  • "if there is a better feature, they write it as beta so you have to be careful."

What other advice do I have?

For big enterprise, I would definitely use Meraki. They are doing something really special stuff.
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
479,323 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Citrix/VMWare/Windows/Office365/Exchange Administrator at a non-tech company with 201-500 employees
Cloud-based dashboard allows me to see all my locations in one place

What is our primary use case?

Our environment consists of five locations and we are using the Meraki APs in all of them for user/guest WiFi access.

• "This product has allowed us to easily create custom SSIDs for clients and carve out the necessary bandwidth for clients needs."
  • "I really love their cloud-based dashboard which allows me to see all my locations from one location."
  • "I would like to see them improve their support where an assigned engineer can take the case all the way to closure. Usually, you get a different engineer calling regarding the same ticket."
CEO with 1-10 employees
Allows me to integrate another system very quickly, as we continue expanding for our client

What is our primary use case?

I use it both at my home office, and we just installed it for one of our clients with about 11 different units in their building. We have been pretty impressed with it.

• "It will allow me to integrate another system very quickly, as we continue expanding for our client."
  • "It has good security with its Layer 7 protections."

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: The device needs to hold up to what they are telling me it can do. I want to see good throughput from it, as well as that it has security and protection. Usability is a big one. How simple it is, easy it is to set up, use, and for the client to understand. Finally, it would be the technical support. They have to have a good technical support base.
    Info Sec Consultant at Size 41 Digital
    ExpertTop 5
    We can easily monitor the up/down time so establishing KPIs and SLAs for the IT department becomes something attainable, but there can be problems if using older POS devices.

• "The dashboard to keep track of 30 or so APs, switches, routers and logs, is invaluable. I liked the UX on this."
    • "The error logs need to be much more comprehensive."
    Senior Network Engineer/Mobility Specialist at CCSI - Contemporary Computer Services, Inc.
    ExpertTop 20
    The Dashboard, with its centralized "cloud" interface is the most valuable feature of Meraki.
    Co-Founder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

Cloud networking is perfect, I can manage and monitor all the clients of my network whenever I want and wherever I am.

How has it helped my organization?

The Layer-7 capability let me control traffic and block unwanted services.

What needs improvement?

Although Layer-7 helps, it could still be improved.

We had no issues with the deployment.

We had no issues with its stability.

We have had no issues scaling.

Meraki support is really good.

We also use Meraki MR and Aerohive…
    Systems Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Top Reviewer
    We can use a single dashboard to manage our 5 offices in different parts of the world.

What other advice do I have?

Don't waste time and money for the other solutions, only Meraki!
    Product Categories
    Wireless LAN
    Download our free Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.