Oracle Service Bus OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Service Bus is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) tools. It is most often compared to Mule ESB: Oracle Service Bus vs Mule ESB

What is Oracle Service Bus?

Oracle Service Bus transforms complex and brittle architectures into agile integration networks by connecting, virtualizing, and managing interactions between services and applications. Oracle Service Bus delivers low-cost, standards-based integration for mission critical SOA environments where extreme performance, scalability and reliability are critical requirements.

Oracle Service Bus enables companies to use the values of their enterprise applications portfolio. From on-premise, to the cloud to mobile devices, Service Bus allows companies to leverage their existing investments in new ways by extending the performance and scalability leadership of Oracle SOA and API Management.

Download the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Oracle Service Bus Customers

MakeMyTrip Ltd., Griffith University, Colab Consulting Pty. Ltd., Pacfico Seguros Generales, IGEPA IT-SERVICE GmbH, Guangzhou Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, Pacfico Seguros Generales, Bank Audi S.A.L., Rydges Sydney Airport, Intelligent Pathways, Nacional Monte de Piedad IAP

Oracle Service Bus Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Service Bus pricing:
  • "The price of this solution is better than the subscription-based Mule ESB."

Mustaque Ali
Oracle Fusion Middleware Technical Lead at Saint-Gobain ADFORS CZ s.r.o.
Reseller
A pretty good solution with helpful plugins and reasonable pricing

• "Overall it is a pretty good solution."
  • "The interface console is very slow. Even in production, we need to increase the RAM or CPU. And even after that, the performance is still not good in production."

What other advice do I have?

We aren't using the latest version of the solution. We're working on an older one right now. After more than a decade of working with the product, I can say that it is a pretty good solution. That said, before buying, a company needs to take into account their overall infrastructure to understand the volume of data they will need to process, et cetera. Based on those requirements, you'll need to find a product that works for you. While I like Oracle, there's no denying the support issues. Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.
PaulPerez
Integration Architect at pymma
Functional message delivery service, but there are issues with monitoring

What is our primary use case?

I'm an integration architect and we're a customer of Oracle.

• "The ability to master the process in one location."
  • "There are issues, especially if you want to create some compensation in your service bin."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product, not an exceptional product. You could say it's a bit greedy as it requires lots of additional resources because you have to deploy the database and then ESB on top of that. But if you have the resources and people, it's a good product. I would rate this product seven out of 10.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, MuleSoft, IBM and others in Enterprise Service Bus (ESB). Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Radhey-Rajput
IT Analyst at NCR Corporation
Straightforward setup with Good Features but the Connectivity needs Improvement

What is our primary use case?

• "I am a part of the software developing team and I mainly use this solution for the integrating applications."
  • "The connectivity with the solution is an area that needs to be improved. On occasion, requests are lost due to losing connectivity."

What other advice do I have?

Oracle a good product. It can be used for the integration of this solution. I have only received positive feedback for this solution. The features are good. It's sufficient for us. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Anurag_Bhatnagar
Principal Consultant at Tech Mahindra Limited
Has good reporting and adapters, and easily integrates with other applications

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We have competencies in different ESB products including Mulesoft ESB, Oracle Service Bus, and Microsoft BizTalk.

• "The most valuable feature is the adapters."
  • "This solution would benefit from having more cloud-based adapters."

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this solution depends on the customer's environment and requirements. For situations where they are many integration points, whether they are on-premises or in the cloud, this is a good solution. Overall, this is a good solution from the user's perspective, but it is a little bit complex to manage. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Hector-Hernandez
Principal Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Quite stable with a very good set of features

What is our primary use case?

We are currently primarily using the solution for an energy company that is looking to remove the endpoint integration that they have. They want to move to an Applications Federation BOT. That's how we are seeing critical severity loss into the solution. Instead of having the point-to-point integration, we want to implement it as an Enterprise Service Bus.

• "The solution is quite stable overall. We haven't witnessed any performance issues so far."
  • "The initial setup is likely complex for many organizations."

What other advice do I have?

I'm not a customer. I represent a company in charge of integrating solutions for customers, specifically for our customers. We're a partner and implementor. In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. Even with the difficulties around licensing, the solution itself is quite good and reliable.
HB
Lead Tech of Oracle Service Bus with 51-200 employees
Good connectors for interfacing with other applications, but the technical support needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are using Oracle Service Bus to connect between API management and microservices. For example, we use it for data transformation, bringing data from a specific form in one service to another form in a different service.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is that you can connect with different applications."
  • "This solution should work better with RESTful services."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to study the architecture that they want to implement very well. That way, they won't have to have repeated flows that do the same work. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
SS
Business&Integration Arch Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good connectivity, stable, scalable, and it is easy to setup

What is our primary use case?

This solution can be used for internal connectivity between enterprise applications and a Telco client.

What is most valuable?

I like the ease of deployment and the ease of implementation.

What needs improvement?

The support for GraphQL needs to be improved, and the response time for global support could be faster.

We have been implementing this solution for more than eight years.

It's a stable product. There are no issues with stability.

It's a scalable solution. We have three customers who are using this solution.

Local support is very…