Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response Overview

Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response is the #18 ranked solution in our list of EDR tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint : Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

What is Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response?

Quickly discover and resolve threats with deep endpoint visibility and superior detection analytics, reducing mean time to remediation.
Overcome cyber security skills shortages and streamline SOC operations with extensive automation and built-in integrations for sandboxing, SIEM, and orchestration.
Fortify security teams with the unmatched expertise and global scale of Symantec Managed Endpoint Detection and Response services.
Roll out Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) across Windows, macOS, and Linux devices using Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)-integrated EDR or a dissolvable agent.

Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response Buyer's Guide

Download the Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response pricing:
  • "The price is okay, but it really depends on the customer's requirements."
  • "The price is really high and it should be lower."
  • "We have a yearly subscription, and the pricing is fair."
  • "We are satisfied with the pricing."

Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response Reviews

Kishan Kendre
Project Manager at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Jul 3, 2020
Threat protection that is priced well, easy to deploy, and allows you to use the same agent for detection and response

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for protection.

• "The most valuable feature is that the same agent can act as the endpoint detection and response agent."
  • "Reporting is a major issue, as it is not user friendly."

What other advice do I have?

I am a user of Symantec as well as an admin with the Symantec support team. I was the technical support account manager and I would support other customers. Symantec release updates two or three times per day. If you have a low bandwidth it will never get updated, although there are options to resolve this. First, you have to decide on your requirements and what features you are looking for, then you can consider any endpoint detection and response solution. There are good products on the market; there is one in particular that is cloud-based, where you don't need a single investment, but you…
Vishnu Ramachandra
Security Engineer at Suraksha
Jun 18, 2020
IPS and user interface are great; includes deception technology component as part of SEP

What is our primary use case?

In the past, we deployed for Government organizations and right now we are dealing with a financial institution that is considering implementing Symantec. We primarily work in the Middle East and Australia. We are Symantec partners and implement the solution for our clients. I'm a security engineer.

• "IPS and the user interface are good features."
  • "The network forensics feature could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Symantec because the company provides great support from its engineers. Whenever we've had any issues, we give them a call and 10 or 20 minutes later, they make contact. They're also very good at helping us quote for tenders and they negotiate well. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Microsoft, FireEye and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: February 2021.
464,655 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1500795
IT Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Feb 12, 2021
Customizable Application and Device control, but it is expensive and there are a lot of false positives

What is our primary use case?

We were using this product for our endpoint protection.

• "In Symantec, we have found that the most important feature is Application and Device Control."
  • "Technical support is not as good as we expect, and resolving problems should be more timely."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
reviewer1355967
Cyber Security Engineer, Team Lead at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
May 31, 2020
Dashboard shows new and unknown threats in the environment but support isn't so responsive

• "The most valuable features are that it is easy to connect and global settings are good."
  • "That's why I wouldn't recommend it for other systems. It works only with SAP clients. That's why I'm giving it a six. It would get higher if it worked on all networks without the help of SAP."

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product if you have a lot of SAP solutions. I would rate it a six out of ten. Not a 10 because it works on version 14 but SAP clients have some issues and EDR is different on SAP. That's why I wouldn't recommend it for other systems. It works only with SAP clients. That's why I'm giving it a six. It would get higher if it worked on all networks without the help of SAP.
Sergiy Skrypka
Director General at MPR "Sarmatia" sp. z o.o.
Feb 14, 2021
Reliable, fast customer service, and priced fair

What is our primary use case?

We are mainly using the solution to protect our computers from malware and other dangerous occurrences.

• "I have had absolutely no problem with using this solution, it really works well."
  • "It is not possible to buy it from the company itself, or resellers in other countries. If it is available, I see that it is offered as part of a larger service. For me, this was not suitable."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. However, it is not possible to use it for small companies at this moment. It is not possible to buy it from the company itself, or resellers in other countries. If it is available, I see that it is offered as part of a larger service. For me, this was not suitable. I rate Symantec Endpoint Detection and Response a ten out of ten.
RanjitsinhSalunkhe
Managing Director with 1-10 employees
May 31, 2020
Easy to use and constantly updated

What is our primary use case?

We are in the healthcare industry and we use this product for our endpoint security. It is primarily for DLP, protecting us against data leakage via malware and virus attacks.

• "The interface is quite easy to use."
  • "The Symantec portfolio is not big enough to cover the organization in all 360 degrees."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I think that this product runs quite smoothly and I definitely can recommend it. Anybody who implements it should not have any problem. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.