Bizagi Review

User friendly with quality options; very quick and easy to install

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this product is to draw processes. I don't deal with any of the automatization or other features. I'm a customer of Bizagi and I work at a consulting company in Spain.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very user friendly and the icons and options are high quality. I always use it as a modeler, not as a BPM.

What needs improvement?

The solution has issues when it comes to exporting in formats other than PDF, which is what I used to do. It's difficult sometimes to connect with a solution like Visio. For example, if I try to import, it's difficult because they don't keep the same pattern and process. The tools have been moved so I never connect Visio and Bizagi. The formats should be simplified, in my opinion. I'd like to be able to develop collaborative work but it's difficult to see how I could do this with Bizagi. Exporting is quite difficult and it's also impossible to attach documents. The design doesn't support this and it would be helpful if they could add this feature.

I've been using this solution for almost four years.

I haven't had any problems, this is a stable solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward, it took me maybe four or five minutes. The product doesn't require maintenance. They update every new version as it appears. Sometimes there is an issue because the program comes out in English first, and it can take two or three weeks before the Spanish version comes out. I generally wait two or three weeks until they bring out the Spanish version and that's when I download it.

I'm using the free version so there are no licensing costs.

Visio is also currently used in the company. It's now integrated with Office 365 and this is an advantage that Bizagi lacks. I think Visio is probably easier to use because they have more libraries of icons and things like that. Bizagi focuses on BPM while Visio can be used for a lot of things because it has a lot of libraries and different topics, more functionalities than Bizagi.

One thing Bizagi could implement would be the option for collaborative work because it's difficult to work with another person the way things are now. In my view, the collaborative factor is underdeveloped in Bizagi. Visio is used by most people in the company, I'm the only one using Bizagi. I used to use it on a daily basis but only occasionally now.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it's easy to use and very quick to install.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

More Bizagi reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Camunda Platform
Learn what your peers think about Bizagi. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarArt Hebbeler, PMP
ExpertTop 5Consultant

Actually, Bizagi has collaboration built-in. See https://help.bizagi.com/proces... for details on the Modeler collaboration.

You say there are issues with exporting? Which version of Bizagi are you using? We have no issue exporting Bizagi to PDF or Word, and with BPMN 2.0 compatibility, the ability to move models in and out is fairly direct.