Bizagi Review
We tested TIBCO and others but chose Bizagi because nothing comes close in terms of usability and resource requirements

What is most valuable?

1. The user interface and ease of use as compared to some of the other products I have tried.
  2. The ability to document the entire process within the same diagram and then generate documents in Word.
  3. The ability to publish on the web has become extremely useful in publishing the processes for transparency.
  4. The ability to perform model simulations is a great help.
  5. Now, using all the features, been able to develop system processes and activity diagrams for technology developer in any area (network, database etc.)
  6. "Most of all, Bizagi listens to it's customers!" Is what i said before but now i am not sure already.
  7. I use the picture artifact to create symbols to be placed on the diagrams and that improves the readability with my clients

How has it helped my organization?

1. I developed a complete Project Management Framework for the company's use which has been published for policy adoption by all Project Managers.
  2. I developed and published a procurement governance framework which is extensively used in procurement of products and services for clients.
  3. In addition the two above, we are now using Bizagi Modeller for defining system processes and activity diagrams similar but better than UML. We are able generate full documentation on these processes for the technicians. The techies are really happy with this.

What needs improvement?

1. Previously I rated the product with 10 but now i am down grading it to 8.
  2. The system does not work well in Windows 8 (Full version) on tablet PCs. I had raised this issue and was told that it will not display the diagrams effectively due to the display drivers. Urgent attention is required as we do not carry laptops. Besides, the use of tablets has become very pervasive these days. This one was raised long ago and not addressed but i will drop it as tablet PCs have disappeared.
  3. The ability to automatically re-size the elements based on the element text descriptions. This has not been done. This one has become a pain in the neck.
  4. The text for notations always get misaligned and tangled with flow lines. This is especially worse when you want type "Yes" or "No" on the flow lines.
  5. Frequently the alignment of elements gets disorganized when a group is added. Worse is when a group is deleted it does not give us the option to choose if we want to delete the elements too but, instead, deletes them anyway. I use this feature to defines module packages for my IT Developers. Sigh, number of times i had to redo to get rid of the group.
  6. The most irritating part is the licensing of the logo feature. When i deinstall on one PC and then reinstall in the same (after a hard disk crash) PC the license cannot be applied again and the have to run to the techies to reset things. They dont seem friendly either. They should provide a feature to deactivate the license and activate it again, just like McAfee and Blumentals.
  7. In the recent version, i just found out that export/Import from Visio requires the installed version of Visio software. Now how many of us have Visio on our PCs? Which would be lying idle most of the time.They need to fix this one urgently.
  8. I use the graph artifact extensively but I am hoping this will be improved to include connectors points, similar to annotations. Would really love that.

I have been using Bizagi Modeller for over 11 years now.

We have not used the Bizagi process engine yet. We will be testing it soon. I did test much of it as Joget seemed a much a better and easier option. I may consider really looking into the Suite only if there is BRE (Business Rules Engine) in there.

With Bizagi, initial loading is extremely slow.

I did not have this issue as i believe in breaking work into smaller related units.

Good, effective, prompt and responsive but sometimes seem to get irritated.

Refer to the one above

We used Bonita and still use Bonita Engine but may want to move to Joget for simplicity.

We're only using only the Bizagi modeler, it was very simple and one-click. The engine may not be as simple but I prefer it simple and easy with a comprehensive user guide.Trying Joget now.

We implemented through an in-house team. No vendor team exists in Malaysia.

We're currently using the free modeler. Our advise is that avoid the complicated ones unless there is an inbuilt BRE in there. Most of them seem to insist that we must know Java.

We tried and tested a few such as TIBCO, Bonitasoft and Joget. Currently using Bonita but soon dropping it for Joget for simplicity.

What other advice do I have?

We incorporated Bizagi as requirements in the Request for Proposals but reversed and decided on Joget for simplicity and price. With the downturn in economy and high competition, businesses want quick implementation, less headache and they are tired of the phrase "not so easy to change" from techies.

Frankly, any software is of no real good value if it has to be heavily supported by programming knowledge and techies. With Bizagi and others, the insistence on knowing Java or dot.net is making the usefulness useless. I am yet to see one that has a full embedded business rule engine that is business user friendly. Its a disappointing to call these software as business process and rules components when no business user can actually get to install, customize and use it. This is the same case with software related to Customer Relation Management - such as SuiteCRM and ESPOCRM.

3 visitors found this review helpful

Free Report

BPM Best Practices: 10 Tips From Real UsersĀ

4 Comments

it_user3876ConsultantPOPULAR

Windows 8 is not supported by previous versions of Bizagi. The company has now launched a new version and it is Bizagi 2.6. The new version contains support for windows 8 and it has also improved rich text formatting. You should definitely give it a try.

28 December 13
kapilmalik1983ConsultantTOP REVIEWER

As I am mostly concerned about the operating system license along with application licenses. So, could you please let me know whether it only works with windows or do we have packages for Bizagi available for open source operating systems too? What is the minimum configuration of server needed on windows?

15 January 14
Murugappan RamanathanConsultantTOP 5POPULAR

Hi Kapimalik, it appears the Bizagi modeller and suite works only dot.net platform. This mean only Windows and not open source. If you want open source version, the one that i know of is Joget and it works well.

22 September 17
Marcio CarneiroUser

Downgrade Windows 8, not Bizagi ....
Windows will be ALWAYS the problem.

01 January 18