What is most valuable?
- The user interface and ease of use as compared to some of the other products I have tried.
- The ability to document the entire process within the same diagram and then generate documents in Word.
- The ability to publish on the web has become extremely useful in publishing the processes for transparency.
- The ability to perform model simulations is a great help.
- Now, using all the features, been able to develop system processes and activity diagrams for technology developer in any area (network, database etc.)
- "Most of all, Bizagi listens to it's customers!" Is what i said before but now i am not sure already.
- I use the picture artifact to create symbols to be placed on the diagrams and that improves the readability with my clients
How has it helped my organization?
- I developed a complete Project Management Framework for the company's use which has been published for policy adoption by all Project Managers.
- I developed and published a procurement governance framework which is extensively used in procurement of products and services for clients.
- In addition the two above, we are now using Bizagi Modeller for defining system processes and activity diagrams similar but better than UML. We are able generate full documentation on these processes for the technicians. The techies are really happy with this.
What needs improvement?
- Previously I rated the product with 10 but now i am down grading it to 8.
- The system does not work well in Windows 8 (Full version) on tablet PCs. I had raised this issue and was told that it will not display the diagrams effectively due to the display drivers. Urgent attention is required as we do not carry laptops. Besides, the use of tablets has become very pervasive these days. This one was raised long ago and not addressed but i will drop it as tablet PCs have disappeared.
- The ability to automatically re-size the elements based on the element text descriptions. This has not been done. This one has become a pain in the neck.
- The text for notations always get misaligned and tangled with flow lines. This is especially worse when you want type "Yes" or "No" on the flow lines.
- Frequently the alignment of elements gets disorganized when a group is added. Worse is when a group is deleted it does not give us the option to choose if we want to delete the elements too but, instead, deletes them anyway. I use this feature to defines module packages for my IT Developers. Sigh, number of times i had to redo to get rid of the group.
- The most irritating part is the licensing of the logo feature. When i deinstall on one PC and then reinstall in the same (after a hard disk crash) PC the license cannot be applied again and the have to run to the techies to reset things. They dont seem friendly either. They should provide a feature to deactivate the license and activate it again, just like McAfee and Blumentals.
- In the recent version, i just found out that export/Import from Visio requires the installed version of Visio software. Now how many of us have Visio on our PCs? Which would be lying idle most of the time.They need to fix this one urgently.
- I use the graph artifact extensively but I am hoping this will be improved to include connectors points, similar to annotations. Would really love that.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have been using Bizagi Modeller for over 11 years now.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
We have not used the Bizagi process engine yet. We will be testing it soon. I did test much of it as Joget seemed a much a better and easier option. I may consider really looking into the Suite only if there is BRE (Business Rules Engine) in there.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
With Bizagi, initial loading is extremely slow.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
I did not have this issue as i believe in breaking work into smaller related units.
How are customer service and technical support?
Good, effective, prompt and responsive but sometimes seem to get irritated. Technical Support
Refer to the one above
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We used Bonita and still use Bonita Engine but may want to move to Joget for simplicity.
How was the initial setup?
We're only using only the Bizagi modeler, it was very simple and one-click. The engine may not be as simple but I prefer it simple and easy with a comprehensive user guide.Trying Joget now.
What about the implementation team?
We implemented through an in-house team. No vendor team exists in Malaysia.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
We're currently using the free modeler. Our advise is that avoid the complicated ones unless there is an inbuilt BRE in there. Most of them seem to insist that we must know Java.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We tried and tested a few such as TIBCO, Bonitasoft and Joget. Currently using Bonita but soon dropping it for Joget for simplicity.
What other advice do I have?
We incorporated Bizagi as requirements in the Request for Proposals but reversed and decided on Joget for simplicity and price. With the downturn in economy and high competition, businesses want quick implementation, less headache and they are tired of the phrase "not so easy to change" from techies.
Frankly, any software is of no real good value if it has to be heavily supported by programming knowledge and techies. With Bizagi and others, the insistence on knowing Java or dot.net is making the usefulness useless. I am yet to see one that has a full embedded business rule engine that is business user friendly. Its a disappointing to call these software as business process and rules components when no business user can actually get to install, customize and use it. This is the same case with software related to Customer Relation Management - such as SuiteCRM and ESPOCRM.
Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor.
Oct 07 2017