Cornerstone Learning Review

Offers a complete suite of solutions and features and has good scaling abilities

What is our primary use case?

Cornerstone is always on the cloud. We are a consultancy company, so we also implement Cornerstone for clients. There are different types of use cases. It can be digital learning, it can be classroom training, it can be blended learning, it can be certification management, it can be social learning. There are different kinds of use case that depend on the client's priorities.

What is most valuable?

It is a complete suite of solutions and features. Compared to other solutions which are more niche solutions, which may be as good as Cornerstone or even better in certain parts of it, like discerning user experience. You will not find another solution that has the same completeness of features in all different areas of learning, beit classroom training, digital learning, learner experience, content curation, blended learning, certifications etc

What needs improvement?

They're working on the mobile app. It's a lot better already, but it can be improved. Another thing that can be improved is the whole reporting. The online reporting, visual data, visualization dashboards are also improving, but it's not there yet.

In the next release, I would like to see improvement in the dashboards and reporting.

The user experience should be a bit more configurable in terms of recommending training to specific users. Now it's either quite hardcoded or based on machine learning. It would also be good to have some kinds of intermediate features that allow organizations to propose training based on the criteria they choose and not just based on machine learning.

I have been using Cornerstone Learning ( /products/cornerstone-learning-reviews ) for nine years.

It is quite safe stable.

It's quite scalable. We have clients using it with a population of fewer than 500 people and we have the clients using it with 180,000 users, so it is very scalable depending on the complexity of the organization. Scalability is one of this solution's advantages.

The initial setup is relatively straightforward. The complexity will depend on the complexity of the organization, the requirements and the decision process at the client's site that can make it quite complex. If you go for a simple setup then you can do it relatively fast. For example, we recently installed with one client who wanted to just go live with a limited set of e-learning features than the essential. The setup features are about making sure that the training is visible and assigned to the right people.

We are the integrators. Most companies who use Cornerstone use an integrator, that's the implementation model of Cornerstone. You cannot really do it completely on your own, you need an integrator.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Cornerstone. It's one of the best learning solutions on the market.

I would rate it a nine out of ten. Not a ten because in specific areas there are some products that have similar or better features. It is the best as a whole, but ten would mean it's a perfect solution but there are always things that can be improved.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementation Partner