Cornerstone Learning Overview

Cornerstone Learning is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Learning Management Systems. It is most often compared to Workday: Cornerstone Learning vs Workday

What is Cornerstone Learning?

Cornerstone OnDemand is a powerful, configurable platform that offers organizations a fully integrated talent management suite designed to ensure that the business can recruit, train, and effectively manage all of their valuable human capital. All of Cornerstone's solutions are cloud-delivered. Each application is developed in-house using a single code base, which gives users one interface, one support model, and ultimately one centralized system that's currently supporting some of the largest companies in the world. Cornerstone OnDemand includes powerful functions for Applicant Tracking, Recruiting, Onboarding, Learning Management, Performance Reviews, and more, such as Competency Management, Compensation Management, and Succession Planning. This broad range of features can be easily configured to meet the needs of any business, and the platform is flexible enough to easily scale asan organizationgrows. Cornerstone OnDemand has been recognized as a market leader in talent management by industry analyst firms such as Gartner, IDC, and Forrester Research, and in 2013 was placed in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Talent Management Suites. Over 15.5 million users across 191 countries rely on Cornerstone to maximize employees' potential, develop their skills and foster new levels of collaboration. Cornerstone empowers some of the world's leading organizations, such as Starwood Hotels & Resorts, The Neiman Marcus Group, Save the Children, Turner Broadcasting System, Virgin Media and Pinkberry, to engage their workforces and leverage people performance for greater business results. Not sure if Cornerstone's solution meets your unique needs? Speak with a Technology Advisor or see more human capital management solutions in our product database.

Cornerstone Learning is also known as Cornerstone Learning Suite.

Cornerstone Learning Buyer's Guide

Download the Cornerstone Learning Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Cornerstone Learning Customers
Advantage Sales and Marketing
Cornerstone Learning Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cornerstone Learning pricing:
  • "I was not involved in the financial negotiation for our contract with this company, but in the past, I have seen the fees run between $10 USD and $11 USD per user."
  • "This is a cost-effective solution."
  • "Quality always comes at a cost. I would not rate it as expensive. It provides value for money."

MonikaMegenney
Sr. Business Systems Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Automation and strong reporting improve efficiency and shorten compliance-training completion time

What is our primary use case?

In my current organization, we use Cornerstone strictly as a learning management system. We use it to deploy all of our compliance training, which includes IT compliance, corporate compliance, and human resource compliance. We have a lot because, in our industry, there are a lot of compliance requirements. We also use it for on-demand training. We have a couple of integrations with LinkedIn Learning and Skillsoft, just for skills training an on-demand, professional skills training.

• "Combining everything together, our on-time completions have gone from the mid-sixty percentile to over 99% on-time completion."
  • "The automated ticketing system for technical support often has a response time that is quite long, which is something that should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

In the past two years, they have totally revamped the reporting module. It is called Reporting 2.0 and it is absolutely incredible. The administrator can create custom reports that are as granular or as wide as you want. You can share it with specific users or with entire groups of users. You can have the system email reports, which is very helpful because as an administrator, I am asked for reports constantly. Even when reports have been generated, stored, and are available for people to read, they still email me requests for updated versions. Reporting 2.0 has allowed me to program the…
DS
Senior IT Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Leaderboard
Agile solution with rapid implementation and built-in processes

What is our primary use case?

I manage projects as a senior consultant. I used to be a CEO for a large corporation. We are managing the design, all of the activities and the budget, and everything that goes on with the project. For the government, I am currently implementing the Cornerstone Learning Management system. Specifically, in this government office, they give service to low-income populations and people with disabilities, and they need to know that their employees who sit on the professional committees and who are judging the cases are current with their knowledge. First, they manage expiry dates of certain… more »

• "What I like the most about Cornerstone is that it is agile. It has good built-in processes and the implementation is rapid."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see a Hybrid architecture and to be able to customize the look and feel."

What other advice do I have?

It's a cloud application so it's always current. We have integrated it with SAP HR, and it works well. Our customers are not all that familiar with the product. They have only just gone into production and started using it. Once they have worked with it some more, they might find that it needs some modifications. I would recommend this solution. I would rate this product and eight out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Cornerstone Learning. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Geert Van Gucht
Managing Partner at TAMAHRIS
Offers a complete suite of solutions and features and has good scaling abilities

What is our primary use case?

Cornerstone is always on the cloud. We are a consultancy company, so we also implement Cornerstone for clients. There are different types of use cases. It can be digital learning, it can be classroom training, it can be blended learning, it can be certification management, it can be social learning. There are different kinds of use case that depend on the client's priorities.

• "It is a complete suite of solutions and features. Compared to other solutions which are more niche solutions, which may be as good as Cornerstone or even better in certain parts of it, like discerning user experience. You will not find another solution that has the same completeness of features in all different areas of learning."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see improvement in the dashboards and reporting."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Cornerstone. It's one of the best learning solutions on the market. I would rate it a nine out of ten. Not a ten because in specific areas there are some products that have similar or better features. It is the best as a whole, but ten would mean it's a perfect solution but there are always things that can be improved.
NJ
Principal Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Fantastic reporting, highly automated and customizable, excellent user experience, and value for money

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for employee learning.

• "The reporting feature is fantastic, and I also like the dynamic learning assignment feature. It is interactive and user-friendly. It is also highly stable, automated, and customizable."
  • "Its dashboard and analytics must be improved. Currently, we get the data, but we don't get anything from the insightfulness perspective. Analytics is where it requires a lot of work. We definitely expect some good dashboard features, which are currently lacking in this solution. From a technical perspective, they need to open access to all HTML tags. It currently doesn't support many HTML tags, which makes it challenging to create HTML pages."

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a highly automated and highly customizable solution that is excellent in user experience, this is the solution to go for. You are definitely on the right path in getting this product. You should ensure that it meets the overall learning objectives for your learners. I would rate Cornerstone Learning an eight out of ten because I see a lot of improvement areas.
Anjana Dhaliwal
Sr. Manager, HR Systems at a hospitality company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Constantly refining, defining, and embedding a lot of new technology into it

What is our primary use case?

We deploy learning to a mostly corporate environment and external providers. We have 1,500 users. I'm the senior manager of HR systems.

• "Stability and scalability are good. They have four releases every year of which learning is a big portion of that. They're constantly refining and defining and they're embedding a lot of new technology into it all the time."
  • "Could use more robust reporting or more flexibility and scalability around the reporting side."

What other advice do I have?

As an end user, I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
Monika Megenney
Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Human Resources Operations at Midland Credit Management
A client-centric solution that provides easy delivery of compliance and skills training

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as a learning management system for companies with up to 10k users.

• "The most valuable features are the Playlists, Learning Assignment Tool, Earner Experience Platform, Machine Learning, and Reporting 2.0."
  • "In general, some of the portal pages have an outdated look and feel."

What other advice do I have?

I am impressed with Cornerstone's dedication to updating the portal pages. A good example of this would be the new Training Details page redesign, as well as the upcoming Assessment redesign for the test engine.
LUIS FERNANDORODRIGUEZ MARTIN