Cornerstone careers reasonably small

Cornerstone OnDemand Review
Allows for a federated, single-system, learning management practice.

Valuable Features:

Learning management and reporting are the most valuable features.

Improvements to My Organization:

We replaced our previous Learning Management System (LMS) for improved e-learning delivery. From an organizational point of view, it allows for a federated, single-system, learning management practice across different countries and companies (of the same group).

Its flexibility allows different configurations for different areas of the company while keeping it all together. Reporting and data delivered to the end user is also much improved over our previous reality.

Room for Improvement:

There is always room for improvement. I would like to see improvement in notification management and administration.

Use of Solution:

We have used it for six years.

Deployment Issues:

We encountered no deployment issues with the LMS itself.

Stability Issues:

There were no significant stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

We did not have any scalability issues. It handled the international expansion and the global deployment of quite large (500 MB) courses (10k+ users at the same time) without any issues.

I would give customer service a rating of 8/10.

Technical Support has improved. Sometimes one still receives inaccurate answers  based on a misinterpretation of the question. There is no further input from the client restating the initial issue. It is usually fast and reliable.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was fairly simple in a technical sense. It was a breeze. The organizational realities and culture are somewhat more complex.

Implementation Team:

Initial deployment was a mix between vendor and a third-party consulting company quite a few years ago. Afterwards, new deployments on an international level were done in-house. I would give them an expertise rating of 7/10.

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated Saba, CLIX, SumTotal, and Moodle.

Other Advice:

Start by getting training in the product so you can actually understand the options and impact.

0 Comments