IBM WebSphere Message Broker Review

Mature, reliable, and performance-wise it is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

It comes with a development tool and we use it to develop integration flows. I am normally working with financial companies when using this solution. They use it for communication between heterogeneous applications at the backend. Some may use HTML whereas others might use JavaScript, for example.

How has it helped my organization?

Message Broker has adapters that are used to transform data so that it is compatible between applications.

What is most valuable?

Performance-wise, this solution is really good.

What needs improvement?

The size of the container used in the deployment is still large and I think it should be improved and become lighter.

It would be useful to make container deployment easier .

I have been working with IBM WebSphere Message Broker for the past five or six years.

This is a very reliable and stable solution that is used for a very large number of transactions. It has been on the market for about 20 years, so it is mature.

This product is scalable.

I have been in contact with technical support and I find them to be good. Sometimes when I raise a ticket, it is just to get extra support to provide guidance for a feature that has been improved or discontinued.

Given the stability of this product, it is rare that one opens a support case because of a defect in the code.

I am familiar with some other solutions that have a fancier toolkit and are easy to use, but with IBM, it is more stable, reliable, and trusted. At the same time, it is more expensive than other products on the market.

The most recent version is really easy to install and configure, which will take about one day. The deployment is a simple drag-and-drop, so deploying it will take two days at the maximum.

This product is more expensive than competing products.

We compare other options for our customers and we look at the pros and cons of each solution. Normally, customers decide based on their budget, the features, and the expected workload. In most cases, I recommend IBM.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution and when I have a customer that needs something with this capability, it is the first option that I suggest to them.

More IBM WebSphere Message Broker reviews from users