Kaseya VSA Review

Very useful for patch management, unlimited scalability, and good stability

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company. I was on client support. We had about 300 clients, and each one of those clients had from 10 end-users to 300 end-users. We were using VSA in order to manage those end-user devices.

What is most valuable?

Patch management was very useful. Backdoor access to the clients was also very useful.

What needs improvement?

Its scripting language kind of sucked. They have their own version of PowerShell inside VSA. if you want to reach out and grab endpoint information, for instance, to know how many end devices have a program installed, you actually have to write a script for that. It wasn't like how it is in CrowdStrike where you can just do a search, and it just happened. In VSA, you have to write your own script to do it.

In terms of new features, an integrated MDM for mobile devices would be awesome.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is very stable.

VSA is unlimited in terms of scalability.

They are knowledgeable, but they are not so much responsive. They are definitely more responsive than IBM. The IBM cloud management support sucks.

VSA is not as complex as Intune, but it is still somewhat complex and not very user-friendly. CrowdStrike is friendlier in deployment than VSA.

It depends on what products you want. Kaseya loves packages, and if you are packaging, it is more affordable. If you're not packaging, it tends to be a little bit more expensive than others.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to definitely do onsite or virtual demos, and make sure they are asking about everything. They should make sure to get a demo of the product doing what they are planning to use VSA for. This way they can see how much work is going to go into implementation.

I would rate Kaseya VSA an eight out of ten.

More Kaseya VSA reviews from users
...who compared it with SCCM
Find out what your peers are saying about Kaseya, ConnectWise, N-able and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.