Kaseya VSA Overview

Kaseya VSA is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Remote Monitoring and Management Software. It is most often compared to SCCM: Kaseya VSA vs SCCM

What is Kaseya VSA?

Kaseya is a provider of complete IT management solutions for Managed Service Providers and small to midsized businesses. Kaseya allows organizations to efficiently manage and secure IT in order to drive IT service and business success. Offered as both an industry-leading cloud solution and on-premise software, Kaseya solutions empower businesses to command all of IT centrally, manage remote and distributed environments with ease, and automate across IT management functions. Kaseya solutions currently manage over 10 million endpoints worldwide and are in use by customers in a wide variety of industries, including retail, manufacturing, healthcare, education, government, media, technology, finance, and more. Kaseya, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland is privately held with a presence in over 20 countries.

Download the Remote Monitoring and Management Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Kaseya VSA Customers

Sage UK, MSP, CodeBlue Ltd, Connect Work Place Solutions, All Covered, 501cTech, Chairo Christian School, Green Duck

Kaseya VSA Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Kaseya VSA pricing:
  • "The pricing is quite good and we are satisfied with it."
  • "It depends on what products you want. Kaseya loves packages, and if you are packaging, it is more affordable. If you're not packaging, it tends to be a little bit more expensive than others."
  • "I think it costs more than ManageEngine."
  • "The dollar exchange rate in Brazil is very high, so the price should be better for our country."

FN
Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Efficient patching and good alert system, but the interface needs updating and technical support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Kaseya for managing all of the inventory, accessing the nodes remotely, and patching them. This includes the operating system and third-party applications. We also use it for the monitoring of services, such as vendor services.

• "The patching is very efficient and we can rely on the alerts that we receive."
  • "The predefined reports are not up to the mark and you have to do a lot of customization."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution and we like the group of people at Kaseya. The product is quite affordable compared to other RMM solutions on the market and we only have a few complaints. On-call support, for example, would make for a very big improvement. Whenever someone has an issue, we can just directly call the number and speak with a technical person who can help us at that very moment. They would be able to take over your system on that very call, for example. Ideally, the reporting will also be improved. The suitability of this solution depends on the need. For example, if you want to monitor…
Technical Analyst at FMDQ
Good training and support, but the patch deployment capability needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for remote management.

• "The training that we received was quite good."
  • "I have been looking for a way to deploy patches via the internet to selected equipment from Kaseya VSA, but it seems impossible."

What other advice do I have?

I have not tried automating any of the processes, although I have watched some videos and it seems to be straightforward. My advice for anybody who is considering Kaseya VSA is to run a proof of concept first so that they have a fair idea of what they're going into. Overall, I think that it is a good product and I may just have to better find my way around it. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Kaseya, ConnectWise, N-able and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JM
Owner at Mencar Global Consulting SL
A solution that offers good remote management with easy scalability and stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote management and remote control.

• "The remote management is quite good. Also, the patch management and service desk are great features of the solution."
  • "Some configurations and abilities from the system are not of use. The solution should offer webinars or some sort of training offerings to help users learn what the system can do and how it can be done."

What other advice do I have?

We used to use the on-premises deployment model, but we have since moved to the cloud. I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
DP
RHS Tech Manager at a recreational facilities/services company with 10,001+ employees
Good remote support that allows support for Apple devices and offers good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote support.

• "The remote support is the most valuable aspect of the solution."
  • "We actually upgraded the solution due to the fact that we needed the support for Apple devices. We haven't had a chance to test that part of the product just yet, however, that was our biggest criticism of the product prior to this most recent update."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a direct end-user of the solution. We're just customers. We're using the latest version of the solution. In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. Thus far, we are quite satisfied with the product's capabilities overall.
System Administrator at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Very useful for patch management, unlimited scalability, and good stability

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company. I was on client support. We had about 300 clients, and each one of those clients had from 10 end-users to 300 end-users. We were using VSA in order to manage those end-user devices.

• "Patch management was very useful. Backdoor access to the clients was also very useful."
  • "Its scripting language kind of sucked. They have their own version of PowerShell inside VSA. if you want to reach out and grab endpoint information, for instance, to know how many end devices have a program installed, you actually have to write a script for that. It wasn't like how it is in CrowdStrike where you can just do a search, and it just happened. In VSA, you have to write your own script to do it. In terms of new features, an integrated MDM for mobile devices would be awesome."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to definitely do onsite or virtual demos, and make sure they are asking about everything. They should make sure to get a demo of the product doing what they are planning to use VSA for. This way they can see how much work is going to go into implementation. I would rate Kaseya VSA an eight out of ten.
CS
Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
An integrated IT systems management platform with a good patch management feature

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaseya VSA for software and patch management.

• "I like the remote control, audit, inventory, patch management, software management, and monitoring features."
  • "The agent-based monitoring solution can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I can still recommend this product. It'll help do technical tasks like remote control, patching, monitoring, audit, or inventory. You can also monitor devices in the production or the company's environment. But it's not a perfect solution. On a scale from one to ten, I would give Kaseya VSA an eight.
Founder at Strong security brasil
Good security features, easy to set up, but the price should be improved for different regions

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers. We use this solution to deploy our services to our customers.

• "The most valuable part of this solution is the security features that it offers."
  • "If you compare with other products, Manage Engine has some features that we like but are not present in Kaseya."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.