Kaseya VSA Review

A solution that offers good remote management with easy scalability and stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote management and remote control.

What is most valuable?

The remote management is quite good. Also, the patch management and service desk are great features of the solution.

What needs improvement?

Although the service desk is good, it's not obvious. It's not easy to know exactly how the system is working and there's the possibility that we are not using some features as we should.

The management of patches also needs improvement. There are two ways to do that in the solution now, but one, the oldest one, as far as we have found, is working better than the newest one and this has created some problems. You should be able to handle the management of patches not only from Microsoft but also from other vendors.

Some configurations and abilities from the system are not of use. The solution should offer webinars or some sort of training offerings to help users learn what the system can do and how it can be done.

It would be useful, in the future, if there was a way to maintain another device's firewalls for simple switches.

I've been using the solution for three to four years.

In general, the stability has been good.

On the cloud deployment model, scalability is very easy. We currently have four to five techs on our solution.

Technical support is good. It can always be improved.

The initial setup is not complex if you use the cloud deployment model. There are some configurations that are not easy to find. You may also not know what the impact on the system will be if you change configurations. In general, the basic items are easy, but if you want anything beyond the standard setup, it's a little bit complex.

The time it takes to deploy the solution depends on the organization. In our case, we did a migration, but if you just start from zero, probably it's easier. For us, with the migration, deployment took about three or four weeks.

You need two people for deployment.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We used to use the on-premises deployment model, but we have since moved to the cloud.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.