Kaseya VSA Review

Good training and support, but the patch deployment capability needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for remote management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is remote management. It is quite robust.

The training that we received was quite good.

What needs improvement?

I am having an issue with patch deployment. With a lot of people working remotely right now, it is difficult to deploy patches because most of my clients are not on the office network. I have been looking for a way to deploy patches via the internet to selected equipment from Kaseya VSA, but it seems impossible. This is something that I would like to have support for in a future release.

Kaseya seems to download Windows patches, although I have not found a way to select those patches that I want to roll out, as it is done in the System Center. In SCCM, you can select the specific patches that you want to roll out. The only option I have seen is to approve or deny all of the patches that are available.

The workflow is not quite straightforward.

I have been working with Kaseya VSA for between seven and eight months.

I would say that because it does the job, it is stable. I don't use it every day, but so far, I haven't had any problems.

We have about 200 users that are a combination of administrators, developers, and end-users. They do not work on it directly, but we capture the information from the endpoints on the developer's system.

We had two training sessions with the support staff and they were good. The sessions were recorded and I quite enjoyed them. Personally, I don't like to contact technical support and would rather research the problem myself. If I hit an obstacle then I will contact support.

Overall, the support is good and I am happy with it.

I have experience with Microsoft System Center and there are some things that are easier to do with it.

I was not present for the initial setup, as it was in place before I joined the organization.

What other advice do I have?

I have not tried automating any of the processes, although I have watched some videos and it seems to be straightforward.

My advice for anybody who is considering Kaseya VSA is to run a proof of concept first so that they have a fair idea of what they're going into.

Overall, I think that it is a good product and I may just have to better find my way around it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Kaseya VSA reviews from users