LogMeIn Rescue Review

Provides a multi-operating system with multi-platform support

What is our primary use case?

I do remote support, and the ability to work. Once I am connected, I can keep working on it, so it seems to be consistent. Big companies are using it. It has been working great for us.

What is most valuable?

• It gives us the ability to connect to PCs through a firewall.
  • They provide a multi-operating system with multi-platform support.
  • We have never had any issues with it.

What needs improvement?

It used to be cheaper: LogMeIn used to be free and LogMeIn Rescue used to be cheaper.

The ability to log into PCs, MACs, and iOS to do On-Demand support for our software and troubleshooting is the big feature, but the disadvantage is the price.

8 to 9 years.

No issues. We have had multiple sessions running at one time with no issues.

No issues.

I do not think I have ever had to call tech support for LogMeIn Rescue.

We have never used another product.

You pay for subscription, you log in, and I actually had the agent running on my PC, so I could connect just double-click on LogMeIn. There were no setup issues.

It is fairly intuitive and I have used other products that are not quite as intuitive. The functionally works the way you expect it to, and everything is where it should expect to be.

They have raised their price so high on all their products, it has left room for competitors to come in.

Where I used to work, where I had five licenses (and more stuff), and two LogMeIn Centrals, I was downsized out of there six months ago. The pricing for LogMeIn Rescue is about $1250 a seat per technician and LogMeIn Central for 100 PCs is about another $1200. It would have cost me about $2500 to do this on my own, and I am afraid in the next three months, the LogMeIn Rescue product I have already replaced with a $200 solution. It is not as nice, but it works and for 80% less. Then the LogMeIn Central, in three months, I will be phasing out of that as well, because I will get the whole thing for under $300 that they are charging at least $2500 for.

LogMeIn used to be free. So it's gone from the free, to the paid, to the higher paid, to the very expensive, and they do not seem to care about retention. They have a premier product, no doubt in my mind. If I had my preference and I could afford it, I would be using it.

If I get a job with another company, a large organization, because of the pricing, I do not know if I could recommend it.

For doing remote support, this was the research we did for remote On-Demand support. This was really the only viable option at the time. We have been in it so long, now there are other options out there.

GoToMyPC was out there and some other ones were out there, but for On-Demand support, this was really the product. Microsoft and everybody else were switching to it. So, Microsoft had a tool, some other people had tools, and they have all dropped their tools for LogMeIn.

What other advice do I have?

It works.

It's the best product out there for support. The caveat is the price. You're paying for it. It is by far, probably, the premier product out there for support. The problem is, for a smaller organization, it has basically priced themselves out of the market.