LogMeIn Rescue OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

LogMeIn Rescue is #6 ranked solution in top Remote Access tools. IT Central Station users give LogMeIn Rescue an average rating of 10 out of 10. LogMeIn Rescue is most commonly compared to LogMeIn Central:LogMeIn Rescue vs LogMeIn Central. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is LogMeIn Rescue?

LogMeIn Rescue delivers unparalleled remote IT support technology that allows enterprises to better manage mobile remote support and remote desktop support helping users across PC, Mac, iOS, Android support and more. Features include remote computer access, mobile app support, and the exciting Rescue Lens interactive video support feature that allows support technicians to see exactly what the end user can see. LogMeIn Rescue is truly on the cutting edge of the remote technical support industry.

Free Trial

LogMeIn Rescue Buyer's Guide

Download the LogMeIn Rescue Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

LogMeIn Rescue Customers

Lenovo, HTC, 3M, Accenture, IBM, HP, General Electric, Make-A-Wish, Vodafone, Zero Motorcycles, Arise, Fuji Xerox, Endsleigh Insurance, Fordham University, Hologic, Meineke, Motorola, Toyota, and more.

LogMeIn Rescue Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about LogMeIn Rescue pricing:
  • "I did look into a couple of other products, TeamViewer in particular, at one point. The price point of Rescue, compared to some of the other things that are in the marketplace right now, is high. But it's what I would call the "Cadillac" of the industry."
  • "While LogMeIn Rescue is a great product and a leader in the industry, it's way pricey. Price is the most negative thing about LogMeIn Rescue."
  • "Right now, I'm using ScreenConnect, which is about $45 per technician. Unless I buy LogMeIn with a large license and commit for the long-term and prepay, I will have to pay almost $120 per user a month. It's almost three times the price over the normal price for ScreenConnect, which is very similar in regards to all of the features that LogMeIn Rescue can do."

LogMeIn Rescue Reviews

GH
VP at Step 1 Software
Hugely helped to decrease the time it takes to handle support issues

• "They've thought of everything in terms of features. It's got all the little drill-down details and capabilities to apply patches and other stuff like that. I don't use everything they offer but you can go wherever you want to take this tool. It's been around for a really long time. We try as much as possible to train our staff to take care of their own systems and train our customer staff to take care of their own systems. There's a little laser pointer feature that you can pull up on the screen and say, "No, over here, click on this." That's very educational. It's a simple thing but when you're trying to get people to take responsibility and learn to take care of their own infrastructure, being able to just point at something while you're viewing their screen, as well as, take over their screen, is very valuable."
  • "Nothing's perfect but I think it's really a great tool just the way it is. The suggestion that I made to them at their user advisory board is that they combine the two products, Rescue and Central, into one because you really should have both. A bunch of the other people in that meeting very much liked that."

What is our primary use case?

We're a software company and our support staff uses Rescue to help our customers who are in a pinch and for regular maintenance. It's a tool that we use to take over servers because that's typically what most of our support works on. But we also use it to pop into an iPad for a sales rep out in the field who's struggling.

It's a SaaS model. It's an app that resides on our technicians' computers but it goes through their Cloud.

We primarily use the LogMeIn Central program for established connections. But LogMeIn Rescue is a little easier to get into when you're in a pinch. If somebody is really in trouble, Rescue has been a great supplement to the other LogMeIn products that we've used for decades.

How has it helped my organization?

The speed of getting in there and resolving a simple problem has improved my organization. That's the key to this whole thing. When COVID first broke out, we went around to all of our customers and helped them set up their users who are now working from home. Rescue was key in being able to do that quickly. We typically charge for this support time but during COVID, we offered that service for free.

It was really critical for us to be able to get in there, get them set up, get out of there, and not spend a lot of money on things that weren't really our responsibility. When we were getting into people's home computers, it can be a bucket of snakes if we're not careful. It was really nice to get in there, install our stuff, get out, and move on to the next one.

I actually had a temp that I hired, who came in just for that purpose. It's somebody I knew who I just brought in for extra labor to help us through that workload. It's a very easy product to get people started on if they have basic tech concepts. The customer's experience is completely simplified. It's great.

Rescue does offer quite a lot of power. As far as the technical tools to go through and look for problems and to apply patches, you can save your work and apply the same setting changes and stuff to another computer when you get into that other computer. We don't use it that often but the automation aspects of it are pretty powerful. We only use that for our internal systems but it's a great tool for that.

We don't use its Access Wizard to enable mass deployment of the unattended access features. We really use this tool for ad-hoc support. We use this in emergency situations and as an alternate way of getting in there. If we're going to get into supporting a system, we would use their regular LogMeIn-based product, LogMeIn Central. That's where we would do all that kind of automation. We wouldn't do that in Rescue.

Rescue has hugely helped to decrease the time it takes to handle support issues. It really dropped the cost of doing support for our customers. All of the LogMeIn tools in one way or another are helping us to do that. We've been doing this for a long time. We've been in business since '77, and we've tried all sorts of different tools, which is unusual for a software company. The reason we went with LogMeIn was because of the security and ease of use. Security was a big thing. It was the security and ease of use, as I literally can get anybody in here, even if they're not IT, and get them onto a customer's system and help the customer through something that might not be that technical. We used to have to pick up the phone and walk people through every screen. Comparing Rescue to modern era remote control over the internet, if we didn't have these tools, we'd have to have two and a half times the staff. There are fifteen staff members between Join.me, LogMeIn Rescue and LogMeIn Central.

If I'm trying to get LogMeIn Central installed and I'm dealing with somebody who doesn't know the difference between the right and left mouse button, I'll pop in Rescue and then I'll install the Central product. The purpose of Central is it's just there forever, whenever you want to pop it in the machine. Although Rescue can do the same thing, Rescue tends to be more of a one-time connection, a hotspot connection to just pop in there and put out a fire and move on. Customers expect it these days. If you don't have it, you're in trouble, customers don't want to learn IT.

My customers exclusively sell cleaning chemicals and PPE. So the COVID situation has sometimes tripled their business and it's a unique niche market where they don't have time for things. Rescue allows me to almost be invisible, go in there, solve the problem, and let them continue doing their work. The more invisible I can be and the less I'm sitting there on the phone, walking them through it, the less I have to drag them through the process, the more they can be making the world safe. Rescue is a mission-critical tool with the way it allows you to do stuff, get in there, get out, and get the job done. Even if I had three times the staff or two and a half times the staff to go do that stuff, we'd lose customers because they would not have the patience to be dragged through all that stuff.

Rescue has increased our customers' and users' satisfaction. It's the tool that we use when they throw their hands up in the air, whether they're on an iPad or they're on a server.

Another good example of how it has helped us is with all of the hurricanes that have been coming in this year. This happens to us every year. We'll talk to a customer and realize, they're saying, "Hey, I'm in the path of the hurricane. I want to grab a backup before I leave the building." Because of Rescue and the other LogMeIn tools, we can instantly get in there and solve a problem. We had a customer that get hit pretty hard. Three-quarters of their building roof was ripped off and we had the backup running in a couple of hours because we had gone in and made sure that they took the back up with them when they left the building. They were right in Lake Charles where the last two hurricanes came through. So, Rescue has absolutely made the customers 100% happier just knowing that we can help them out in a pinch and so quickly and easily.

This has increased their willingness to call when there's an issue quite a bit with the extra services we've been offering since COVID. They've been more willing to turn things over to us and let us do the work. It's also because they're so busy. The fact that they can see us made them more comfortable. The other day a customer said, "I feel so much better knowing you guys can go in there and check things for me now."

Everything we do helps them with productivity because we're an industry-specific package for them. They can't invoice their customers and they can't see what they bought if our systems aren't working. They're highly dependent on us. They're absolutely more dependent and happier to turn it over to us than ever.

What is most valuable?

They've thought of everything in terms of features. It's got all the little drill-down details and capabilities to apply patches and other stuff like that. I don't use everything they offer but you can go wherever you want to take this tool. It's been around for a really long time. We try as much as possible to train our staff to take care of their own systems and train our customer staff to take care of their own systems.

In terms of the ease of use, I've gotten people in there who take to it right away. Once you're connected, it's very easy. It is very easy for the customer to connect. We use every remote control program out there. The reason that we go with this one is because it is extremely simple and quick to get the customer to connect.

There are other products like Join.me that do screen sharing and stuff but they're not as easy to get the customer online. If I have a sales rep out in the field on an iPad, who's losing his mind because he can't get something to go through, I can literally just have them go to a website, click on a button, and boom, I can see his screen. I can calm him down and just say, "Okay, the button you're looking for is on the right-hand bottom."

What needs improvement?

Nothing's perfect but I think it's really a great tool just the way it is. The suggestion that I made to them at their user advisory board is that they combine the two products, Rescue and Central, into one because you really should have both. A bunch of the other people in that meeting very much liked that.

The product itself is really well-developed. You can tell the people who designed it were all support techs, and they've really worked on giving you every bell and whistle you might want. Other than how it's marketed, I wouldn't have a lot of other suggestions on changes.

I have been using LogMeIn Rescue for about two years.

Rescue is probably the most reliable, quick connection utility that we've seen, even including the other LogMeIn products, which is why we bought it. The only time that we haven't been able to connect to somebody and successfully complete a task was when they simply didn't have the security access or rights to the device that we were connecting to. Plus or minus the internet connection going down in the middle of trying to get online on there, it's pretty flawless.

We haven't experienced any downtime from them yet. They did a maintenance thing over the weekend and they sent out a notice stating that for a few hours, they were going to be doing something on their end and the services would be offline, but we haven't experienced any downtime. I have experienced downtime with other products that we've used, but I haven't seen LogMeIn have any downtime on any of their products.

The scalability looks really good. In fact, we're going to keep on adding seats. I love the way they bundle it. I have people in every time zone, so I actually can have shifts and if I want to switch to a 24-hour shift, the same seat can be rotated between three people, eight hours each.

If I had 45 people working eight hours shifts, that would be 15 people on at the time. I'd only need 15 licenses because I wouldn't have to buy 45 seats. I'd just have to have the same one for the first eight-hour shift and that works for the guy who relieves him and the guy that relieves him. It's nice.

The staff that use it use it two or three times a day and likely for anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes in each session. If we're going to get in for a longer connection, then we'll install the full LogMeIn product because that's not just a Rescue situation and putting out a fire type thing. That's ongoing maintenance of the system.

We would use Central at that point. There's some product overlap there. We're a little different. If I'm contracting IT support, my need to get into that system once a week or even once a month may not exist as much. For us, we're getting in there on a regular basis once or twice a month, sometimes more, especially during startup and upgrade projects and stuff.

For us, LogMeIn is the key product for that but I could see other IT companies just using Rescue differently than we do because we have a little bit different use cases and using it as just an ongoing thing. If I was just IT for hire, I probably would only use Rescue and not Central. Rescue is just so easy to get people connected, that we'll go in there, get connected, and then install LogMeIn Central for ongoing maintenance and such.

The technical support is quite good. They're one of the more knowledgeable groups within the LogMeIn group because LogMeIn has some products that are meant for the masses more than Rescue. They have millions of Join.me users who just share screens for quick meetings. That's a different level of product tech support. The Rescue people tend to be very advanced and really knowledgeable about the product. For all their products, they're very good for support, but the Rescue tech I've talked to are very knowledgeable.

We have used TeamViewer. We've used Microsoft products like Remote Desktop and variants of that. The reason we went with LogMeIn is that it is the one product that we have never seen hacked. The security and the reviews from the people I trust that use it was really important to us.

To have products like Password Manager available that are designed to work with the other suites of products really increases the security. Good luck finding another Password Manager that is designed for enterprise IT and keeping passwords close to the vest like that one is. I know it's a different product, but all of the security built into their suite of products is really relevant here.

TeamViewer is a lot harder to use. Google products aren't that secure. They were eliminated. TeamViewer is a little more cumbersome. TeamViewer's configuration on how they bundle it is a lot more complex. I think LogMeIn just understands how the product would be used and they're hitting the target on how to implement it. TeamViewer also has a history of being hacked.

We can't dictate what remote control programs our customers want to use, so we have to use whatever they tell us to use. That's why we have and continue to use all the popular ones. But we've seen with our customers, they eventually get frustrated with them. Some of them may do a free trial on one or another and then eventually when that free trial runs out and they get frustrated with it, they switch over to LogMeIn products.

The initial setup was straightforward. We're pretty skilled at such things, we just downloaded the demo copy and did a test drive of it. Within a couple of weeks, we decided to buy it.

We are an advanced group on this topic. When we have trained our other staff, it's taken a while for our less technical staff, but we had a crew of our higher-end people involved in this. We had a sales presentation after we did the app, as our trial was expiring and the guy they had to do the sales presentation was so great. It really solidified exactly how easy it is to use. They have a video library page of all the training videos and they also send out interactive user group meetings and live presentations, where they'll present the product on a certain topic.

Between the initial presentation which was pretty in-depth and their online learning capabilities, their online learning videos, and live meetings, that's really been all we've needed. I don't have everybody using this product yet. It's still more of our level two, level three techs. We've kind of kept out the level ones. But when I brought in that temp guy, he was like a level one tech, and he took to it in just a matter of minutes. I don't think that the training on this is much more than a 10 to 15-minute orientation.

There are five users who use it in our organization.

The only part that requires maintenance or administration is just making sure the passwords are secure. I don't necessarily consider that part of Rescue. That's really the only overhead in maintenance. When there's a new patch to the product and you go in, it just upgrades you. So it's really a zero maintenance type situation for us because it's a SaaS model where we've done it on the Cloud, we just log in, and if there's an update, it runs it.

Over the two week trial period, it took half an hour of set up time, the rest of it was just downloading the program and installing it.

We have absolutely seen ROI. For us, labor is 75% of our expenses. The more I can keep somebody and move on to something else, the more we lower those expenses.

They have a technician console and they have a management console. I tend to use the management console quite a bit. There are a ton of add-on tools out here. Everything we've ever wanted to use this for has always been out there, but we may not be fully utilizing it that way. We really just use it for putting out fires.

We don't really use it for its functionality beyond remote control, not much more than just the remote control, the training, being able to point at something on the screen, live training types of things.

Reliability provides us with some peace of mind. They're really a big company, they've made acquisitions of the GoToMeeting suite and continue to grow. The management there seems to have a quality growth track in mind, not just quantity. They're not like a Zoom or something that I'm worried about becoming the next Facebook and compromising privacy or whatever.

I've been doing this for a long time and we've abandoned other companies because their business path didn't seem in line with ours. That goes way back to when companies like Norton offered their pcAnywhere product. The corporation bothered us with some of the stuff they were doing. They would increase prices without increasing functionality to us.

We save two to two and a half times the labor that we would incur otherwise without Rescue.

Rescue is fairly priced. They allow you flexibility on the licensing, which makes it a lot easier. I have customers that have abandoned the LogMeIn Central product because of pricing reasons. But the Rescue product is fairly decently priced. I have customers who've based on a recommendation, also bought the Rescue product, so they're using the same thing we are.

What other advice do I have?

Rescue increases your ability to quickly and efficiently turn problems into opportunities with your customers, by being that person who can put out a fire and allow them to continue normal operations.

My advice would be to start off with a team that is designed to roll out the product and be able to support your team in using the product the way that you want to implement it, and the way that you see it being used within your organization. Then to have that team train the other people on how you would use it.

I would rate LogMeIn Rescue a nine and a half out of ten. Their product is well thought out and completely in-depth to meet any needs that IT support ever run into. Their support team is excellent to work with and understands what we're trying to do and helps us resolve it quickly when we have issues. Including all through the COVID crisis, they've been right there for us and it's just been an excellent partnership with them.

JJ
Vice President at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Reduces our support time because we can see our client's screen and address the issue

• "The most valuable feature is the ability for people to use LogMeIn's app that we install with our software, to bring us online with one click, so we can view their computer screens. It's easy and a lot of folks like it."
  • "The vendor's reliability provides me with peace of mind. Over the 10-plus years, we've literally had no issues with it going down or with it causing any problems or causing issues when our end-users are trying to get access to it."
  • "The app itself requires so many different updates and it requires us to rebuild it every time, and that's been a bit of a problem, over the last five years, in keeping it up to date for our clients."
  • "Their ability to support mobile has been really problematic. I've seen other products that have done a better job in supporting mobile products. LogMeIn has just never been able to come up to par there, and that would be a detractor. They've been talking about supporting mobile for 10-plus years, and I really haven't seen any improvement on that."

What is our primary use case?

We use it primarily for support of our clients. It allows us to get remote access to their computers, with their permission, to review how our software works or to address issues or to do some training items.

How has it helped my organization?

Answering questions that normally might take 10, 15, or 20 minutes, if we were trying to explain things over the phone, can be done in five minutes or less when we can see their screen.

The solution has increased end-user satisfaction. They're less likely to avoid calling us or to be frustrated because they know they can get issues answered fairly quickly. They're not sitting on the phone having to explain what the problem is. They can call us up, bring us online, and we can see what the issue is and address it faster. They're happy about that.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability for people to use LogMeIn's app that we install with our software, to bring us online with one click, so we can view their computer screens. It's easy and a lot of folks like it.

For a technician who is providing support it's fairly easy. I can't think of anything that would be negative about it or where there have been any challenges associated with it.

What needs improvement?

The solution definitely needs better integration. Reporting is also another part that is lacking. It needs better integration with other CRM products and things like that.

We use other products from LogMeIn that have their own, additional costs. None of them really work together. Rescue is really on its own, but it would be nice if I didn't have to use two different products when they could be blended together into one.

And the app itself requires so many different updates, requiring us to rebuild it every time, and that's been a bit of a problem, over the last five years, in keeping it up to date for our clients.

From time to time they would have learning sessions to help us learn about new features, but they've become sales pitches as opposed to getting into deeper technology for how we could use it better. They haven't really improved much of it, as far as new features and functionality go. That seems to be lacking in that product.

Also, their ability to support mobile has been really problematic. I've seen other products that have done a better job in supporting mobile products. LogMeIn has just never been able to come up to par there, and that would be a detractor. They've been talking about supporting mobile for 10-plus years, and I really haven't seen any improvement on that.

We have been using LogMeIn Rescue for 10-plus years.

We haven't had one issue, as far as reliability goes. It's never been down. It's never caused any major issues or outages or anything like that. Having it for 10-plus years and not having an issue with is better than Google and some of the other ones we've dealt with. It's very good.

That level of reliability is important because it gives us the ability to get online with people, and support them and engage with them when they call in. It would just take more of our time, more effort on our part, and cause more frustration to our clients if it were not working. It does make a big difference.

When I opened up tickets with LogMeIn earlier on, 10-plus years ago when we first started with it, all the issues were answered fairly quickly and were addressed.

In recent years when we might have had questions or issues, it has taken a lot longer, to a point that oftentimes we just don't even bother. I would bring up the various challenges that we have with the account reps at the renewals, and they would then get some person involved in explaining them or saying that they were going to go back to the developers to bring them up and get them fixed, but nothing has ever really been addressed when it comes to the major side of things. They just keep doing what they're doing and saying that's what it is.

Back then (10-plus years ago) the setup was in between straightforward and complex. I wouldn't say it was the easiest, as far as the deployments go. And their interface really hasn't changed much. It's a little older-looking. What our clients see is fine, but the backend interface hasn't been updated in awhile.

There weren't any issues with the initial deployment. It went fairly quickly. But since then, in the last five years or so, there really haven't been any major improvements to it.

When we deployed it, training didn't really take that long. We figured out most of it and were able to build in automations to make it a seamless integration, so that our clients could call on the phone or click the link on our client installed in their software on-prem, and they would bring us online. There are little challenges you run into with internet connectivity and firewalls and the like, but we were able to get around them. And with some of the updates they've done to the product over the years, they've made that a little bit more streamlined, but it's still problematic at times.

Overall, our deployment didn't take more than about a week. We just bought it and started using it and showed it to our folks internally. We were a much smaller company back then too, so it was only a couple of us using it.

We did it all internally.

I don't have to hire as many employees for support and I have happier customers who say they get good support. That helps in selling to other potential customers. That's a major point of what we do in our business: client retention and client satisfaction. This product specifically helps us in those areas.

The vendor's reliability provides me with peace of mind. Over the 10-plus years, we've literally had no issues with it going down or with it causing any problems or causing issues when our end-users are trying to get access to it. And, at the most, we've had minimal issues associated with the clients themselves using it.

That being said, it's been very reliable and it just works. That is what it comes down to, so we just accept that and pay for it.

The licensing is pretty straightforward. It is what it is. It's just a high price. They did have a concurrent pricing model that, in the end, didn't make sense for us because we use it too often.

The pros, when it comes to Rescue, are that it works and it's been reliable. Also, my user-base, my employees as well as my clients, are very used to it. That's just the way that we interact with them.

The negatives are that the price keeps going up. Their pricing has been a little unreasonable, in some cases, but we just grin and bear it.

Also, while they're keeping up with their technology, the way their product works, it essentially looks the same as it did 10-plus years ago. Most other vendors have at least upgraded and added newer features, but LogMeIn really hasn't. That being said, it still works well, so it's not a big detractor, but it could use a little cleanup. Other cons for Rescue are the update of their apps that we install and customize, and their lack of mobile support or doing anything about mobile support.

In addition to looking at TeamViewer, we have Zoom accounts, obviously, so some people use them for support. There were a couple of other products out there that were free or cheap that we used to use before going over to Rescue, but there were so many challenges, and we had to stand up servers to deal with them, and then security issues came into play with them so we had to get rid of them.

What other advice do I have?

I would steer potential users of Rescue away from the client app and tell them to just use the PIN. There are a lot of benefits to using the client app, but they don't keep it up to date or make it easier to deploy. The way that they've created the client app is a little antiquated, and it doesn't really do what they say it does.

We have eight licenses now, and the roles of the users of the solution in our company are support technicians, deployment technicians, and there are a couple of people who use it to do training. Deployment and maintenance are done by me.

They say it does more. You can set it up so that it can do remote access, unattended, for certain computers and servers, but we've found that their other product, LogMeIn Pro, is better suited for that.

Overall, LogMeIn Rescue is a tool that we use that has been effective. We've been using it for so long, it's just the way we do stuff. That's what it comes down to. I give it a solid eight out of 10. It's not a total 10, but it definitely is a solid product. It's dependable and does what we need it to do. I do feel it's overpriced, but it provides the specific functionality that we need.

Learn what your peers think about LogMeIn Rescue. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,027 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Robert Gabriel
President/CEO at Microwize Technology Inc.
Increased our customer satisfaction and staff productivity

• "Customer satisfaction went up by 40 percent and productivity for my staff went up by 30 percent."
  • "The billing team was poor when fixing their billing mistake and customer service was missing in action."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for customer support (desktop and application support). Customers will call us about an error message or how to do something, then we log into their screen and take over, guiding them. We also use this solution for upgrades. When we want to upgrade a local software, we log in and take over to transfer the files and upgrade.

We are using the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed me to do business worldwide, supporting clients no matter where they are, connecting into most environments and helping end users with their application needs.

It has helped me to do support with as few technicians as possible so I could maximize my customers and keep my technicians at a minimum.

What is most valuable?

It is fast. It has many features, such as transferring a file or taking over the computer. I can darken the screen if I don't want somebody to see what I'm doing. I can reboot the computer without the presence of the user. When I lose Internet connection, it reconnects me again. I also can invite another technician to help me with something.

What needs improvement?

The two problems that I have with LogMeIn are:

1. Sales is very eschewed when they come to negotiating an agreement.
  2. The billing team was poor when fixing their billing mistake and customer service was missing in action. The was the first week in January, not during the coronavirus crisis.

About 15 years.

It is very stable.

We do about one hour of maintenance a month to make sure the people who are there belong there.

It's very scalable, both vertically and horizontally.

Our four users are technical support and trainers.

I had a big problem with LogMeIn in the beginning of the year. What happened is they messed up my billing and kept denying it. They kept sending me messages saying that my credit card was declined, but I have unlimited charging on my credit card. Since I knew there was nothing wrong with my credit card, I kept calling. Then one day I went from 25 user licenses (which is what I was supposed to have) down to eight. On that day, nobody would solve the issue when I called support or sales; nobody returned my call in sales nor support. Therefore, I decided to terminate the account and went with a different solution. Two weeks to a month later, they discovered that the error was on their end. It was then that they contacted me and offered me anything I wanted to bring me back, but it was too late. I had already signed an agreement with somebody else. Now, I'm using LogMeIn Rescue at a smaller scale. I did keep a LogMeIn account because I know it works really well, and sometimes, we have incompatibility with certain high security places where LogMeIn will usually work.

In 15 years, I never called for technical support. The solution is dumb-proof. However, we are a technology companies and help people with technical things. So, if you're technically savvy, you can figure it out with zero support.

I did switch in the middle of using LogMeIn Rescue, like eight years into its use. I found another solution which was a lot cheaper. After using it for two weeks, I found that our productivity was reduced by 70 percent. Also, technicians and customers were frustrated. Then, I switched back to LogMeIn right away.

I was involved in the setup. It was very easy and straightforward.

The deployment took an hour. When I deployed it, we set up an admin group and different levels of technicians, then different security levels for each group. After that, we showed people how to use it and got it up and running in a few hours.

You can be up and running with zero dedicated staff (or one person) for deployment in a couple hours. It would be different if you had a corporation, like Microsoft, who might be using the solution. Our organization has 40 employees, so I was able to get it up and running in a couple of hours.

We have see ROI with LogMeIn Rescue. Customer satisfaction went up by 40 percent and productivity for my staff went up by 30 percent.

I think LogMeIn may have a mobile license, but I don't support mobile devices yet. I think mobile devices need an additional license.

I also use ScreenConnect because it's owned by the ConnectWise who owns our CRM. ScreenConnect integrates really nicely with my CRM. It's very light and has a lot of the features. It doesn't look as sophisticated as LogMeIn Rescue, but it's doing the same work for a third of the price.

What other advice do I have?

if money is no object, LogMeIn Rescue is a great option. However, negotiate a good deal because prices can fluctuate between $79 and $120 per user a month.

Biggest lesson learnt: Sometimes cheap can be expensive.

I would rate this product as a nine (out of 10) for stability, reliability, scalability, and security.