LogMeIn Rescue Review

​It will save you money and time. It probably pays for itself in the first 60 days of use every year.

What is most valuable?

The ability to either send a link or have a client that is not managed; essentially, to be able to access them remotely.

How has it helped my organization?

A lot of our clients are in a 60 mile radius of our office. The ability to solve a problem in 10 minutes rather than roll out a truck makes a huge difference.

What needs improvement?

As a whole. I am still a little disappointed with the mobile side of it. Unfortunately, we just can't take over and manage a phone like we can a computer, and that would be really helpful.

The other thing is it would really be nice to be able to use the rescue console on an iPad or an iPhone, and I can't do that. You have to pay for it and we buy it. However, it is not as functional as the app that we use for desktops and servers. Just being able to chat with somebody on a cell phone is not all that helpful. I can call them and chat with them.

Stop and think about it. When I was reading the deal, it looked like we were going to be able to manage mobile devices or at least take them over and fix a problem, set up a mail account, or do something like that. Just being able to do a text chat with somebody, I can do that without the app.

Seven years.

It is a great product. No stability issues. No problems, no crashes.

We routinely have four to six sessions going, so no scalability issues.

I have only called them once, and it was to complain about a bill.

What happened is I could purchase it two ways. I could purchase it from my management console or I could purchase it direct from them. At the time, my management console was cheaper for what it offered, then they were directing me. I called to complain about that and they fixed it. That is the only time I have ever had to call them.

We picked Rescue because our management console ran LogMeIn Pro and that was just part of the offering which came with it. We were so happy with LogMeIn Pro that we added Rescue to service clients which we did not manage.

There was nothing hard about it at all, though you do need to have some skill.

Here is what I mean. A lot of times, because we basically are IT in-house that supports other people, some of our clients buy products and they can't keep straight where they are. They do not know whether they are dealing with their local computer or the remote computer. They get confused. You have to have enough skill to know which computer you are working on. This may be simple and straightforward, but not so much for someone who is not a computer person.

It will save you money and time. That is really what everything is about.

It's a little too expensive per license per year, but it probably pays for itself in the first 60 days of use every year.

We actually looked at several other options. We were so pleased with the LogMeIn Pro, which we were already using, that we just went ahead and did Rescue as well.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great product.

The reality is if you buy it to manage phones, you probably should not buy it. But if you buy it to manage computers, it will do just about anything you need to do. It will do anything you're capable of doing.

If you have got a computer that is not on the Internet, it does not do you a bit of good. You still have to go to that site. But you can do anything in LogMeIn that you can do sitting in front of a computer, if you are capable.