LogMeIn Rescue Review
My technicians are able to invite other technicians to connect live, and help

Primary Use Case

I use LogMeIn Rescue mostly. I have about 17 technicians that are using it. They connect to customers and they are able to take over the machine, and they can transfer files back and forth. They can invite in another technician. Everything is recorded and the customers get to send the review about the visit at the end of the session.

Improvements to My Organization

I have technicians all over, and not everybody is an expert in all areas. They are able to bring other expertise from different locations with the click of a mouse. They can invite in other technicians, so I can have most of the technicians collaborate on the same question, and that’s really amazing.

Valuable Features

I tried different software out there and LogMeIn Rescue has the best compatibility. Something else might work, but you have conflict with so many networks. LogMeIn has the best ratio of almost 99% connection. Whereas, with some other software, you are lucky if you get 80%.

It works with different operating systems, I can connect to a PC or Mac.

The feature that, when you take over the machine, you can get into the system administrator level. We’re able to tweak things on the machine as if we’re sitting there.

Room for Improvement

The one big problem that I have with LogMeIn Rescue is, I use a Mac. All my technicians use PCs. I use a Mac, and the Mac agent crashes at least once a day. I have to stop it and start it again. To date, I don’t have a problem with people using PC. I think the Mac app that they have needs to be improved.

Use of Solution

More than five years.

No stability issues, ever.

No issues with scalability.

I don’t think we ever needed to get tech support on the line because the software is so easy to use. We are able to figure out everything ourselves. Maybe, in the last 12 years, if I remember correctly, it went down for 15 minutes. I don’t even remember if that’s true of not, but I don’t think we ever went down more than 15 minutes, one time.

I was using something called VNC Connect, that was a free solution. It was not as professional and it was not as secure as, I heard that people can get viruses from VNC. I didn’t want to take that chance. I went with LogMeIn Rescue and, again, the compatibility - that you can connect to people. Also, there’s something called the dial-in so for people that use us all the time, we can have an icon on their screen and they can click that icon and we connect to them.

For people whose computers we maintain, we can have those computers on file. Without having somebody to invite us, we can actually log in automatically, and that’s unlimited.

Collaboration is the most important thing where multiple technicians can connect, which the other software didn’t have. So we went from VNC to Rescue.

However, the cost of LogMeIn was high. I don’t remember the name of the product, but I went with another product that was going to give me savings of 50%. We tested it, one technician tested it, he gave us the thumbs up. Then once we moved all my technicians to it, it didn’t work. We had to go back and break the contract. In 12 years I to move to something else only once, because of cost. I quickly came back.

LogMeIn Rescue, they own another product, they just acquired it, it’s called GoToAssist, which costs less money but, again, it’s not as efficient as LogMeIn Rescue.

The set up was very straightforward. We didn’t even have to call tech support to create it.

You can create groups and you put technicians in the group and the technicians can have access to different resources, depending on the group. That’s really mostly for the computers that I have access to 24/7. You might not want to give all your technicians total control access to those resources. So you can have different groups.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I was actually pleasantly surprised when one of my people was getting support from Microsoft and they found out that Microsoft also uses LogMeIn Rescue. I didn’t need that to sell me. I tried to get off LogMeIn Rescue because of cost. But doing that hindered our performance and productivity and it was not worth the savings. We quickly went back to LogMeIn after three months.

Other Advice

I think it’s the best product out there. It’s probably one of the most pricey but it’s the best product out there.

I give it a nine and a half out of 10. The only part that needs improvement is the agent on the Mac. The agent on the Mac is not as stable as the agent on the PC. Also, on the PC you can actually reverse the screen so you can have the other side, the customer, view your screen. You cannot do that on a Mac.

Free Trial

Get a FREE two-week trial of LogMeIn Rescue.