Microsoft Exchange Online Review

It is a solid product, without a doubt.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is as a messaging solution for our company.We use it both for internal and external messaging services.

How has it helped my organization?

There are two aspects to the improvement of our organization. First, is the data reliability, the ability for an administrator to provide data which has been in the user's mailbox. For example, if someone lost the email because of inadvertently deleting the emails, or anything, any object inside the inbox, whether it's a contact or a folder or an email. The admin can actually go and restore that information quite easily, rather than any other solution.

Second, the mobility of the solution helps solve issues with information access across varied platforms. This has helped us if there are issues concerning emails that must be recovered due to legal issues, and the like.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice for SharePoint to integrate with other social media platforms like Twitter, WhatsApp and Facebook. If all of these channels could perform together, that would be great.

In addition, there should be a feature of informing a user if the video, or large file someone would like to attach is too big a file. Instead of bouncing back to the writer, it should warn the user with a message that they cannot send a file over 30, 40 or 50 MB. It could be more engaging with the user, and this will make the platform more user-friendly.

More than five years.

The stability has increased exponentially since 2010. It is currently not an issue. There are fewer and fewer issues regarding how the backend handles data. The reliability factor is high.

I have not encountered issues with scalability of the solution.

I have had limited interraction with tech support. Whatever experience I had was OK. I have occasionally opened cases with them.

It is straightforward, and not complex. If you have your IT director implement it, it has to be planned because users are using it and do not have a habit of cleaning up their mail boxes.

Initially, we had issues with the licensing agreement, but we worked it out with Microsoft.